Python Forum

Full Version: code with no tuple gets : IndexError: tuple index out of range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm in the works of a flask app which I already had issues with and some nice ppl helped me, and am having other issues...

I have this if statement:
if not ((lines[4] == lines[6] == dataseg[0]) & (lines[5] == dataseg[1])):
and I get this error:
Error:
if not ((lines[5] == lines[7] == dataseg[0]) & (lines[6] == dataseg[1])): IndexError: tuple index out of range
The full error being:
Error:
2020-11-03 17:09:58,492] ERROR in app: Exception on /send [POST] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2447, in wsgi_app response = self.full_dispatch_request() File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1952, in full_dispatch_request rv = self.handle_user_exception(e) File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1821, in handle_user_exception reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb) File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/_compat.py", line 39, in reraise raise value File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1950, in full_dispatch_request rv = self.dispatch_request() File "/home/aggam/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1936, in dispatch_request return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args) File "app.py", line 70, in send return render_template("code.html", ERRS=check.check(code)) File "app.py", line 53, in check if not ((lines[5] == lines[7] == dataseg[0]) & (lines[6] == dataseg[1])): IndexError: tuple index out of range
Can u guys help me? (sry my code is a mess LMAO)

My code: https://pastebin.com/ukMv4nTy
Without the code, we can't help much. But the error suggests that one of those variables is a tuple and the index is too large.

Before the if you could print the types of them:
print(f"dataseg is of type {type(dataseg)} and has {len(dataseg)} elements.")
print(f"lines is of type {type(lines)} and has {len(lines)} elements.")
That won't tell you why you have a tuple, but it will tell you which one it is and its length.
(Nov-03-2020, 04:32 PM)bowlofred Wrote: [ -> ]Without the code, we can't help much. But the error suggests that one of those variables is a tuple and the index is too large.

That won't tell you why you have a tuple, but it will tell you which one it is and its length.

I solved it, thanks !
Did you really mean to do a bitwise and?
(Nov-03-2020, 04:32 PM)bowlofred Wrote: [ -> ]Without the code, we can't help much. But the error suggests that one of those variables is a tuple and the index is too large.

I fixed i,Thanks for your help!