Python Forum

Full Version: Self-taught programmers, suggestions please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to python, and I'm trying to teach myself. I'm looking for some solid resources - BUT I'd rather not start anything from the beginning entirely as I've dabbled in Java, HTML/CSS, JS and understand the concepts of OOP. I've just never actually stuck with anything (toxic trait of mine) long enough that I became proficient. I'd like ANY tips or suggestions as to what helped you? I found a pretty cool game on iPhone that is interactive and allows you to insert code into blank spaces or answer the output of said code, and that has been pretty cool. I'd really like to get into coding though, and I'm one of the people who learns better by actually doing something interesting to me, and unfortanetly "Hello world" and using the Turtle module hasnt been so exciting, sooooo Python Programmers, What's your advice??

Thanks,
Jacob

I hope everyone is staying safe. =)
I too am self taught, probably my 20th language/variant. My sources were Head First Python and the Socratica series to start with.
(Nov-21-2020, 09:39 PM)jefsummers Wrote: [ -> ]I too am self taught, probably my 20th language/variant. My sources were Head First Python and the Socratica series to start with.

Ok cool, I'll check them out, i read the majority of head first java. good books