Python Forum

Full Version: IronPython from CPython
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, guys...
My test framework and the whole project is developed in CPython, currently project needs to access C# Dlls to integrate with .NET.
I am using PYTHONNET module that works well, however the more complex calls are not working with PYTHONNET, but IronPython is working.
Now, I have to link the IronPython call results into my CPython code or do system calls from CPYTHON i.e. system("ipy myTest.py"), then I can use pickle/unpickle data, but would like to find better way. Ideally something like: import ironPython ...
Thanks for any ideas!
Alex.
Is running the whole project on ironpython not an option?
No, the project is running in test framework that support CPython, so I can do system calls from CPython to ironPython, but can't call native ipython...
Quoting from the Iron Python Github
Quote:DO NOT USE. Implementation of Python 3.x for .NET Framework that is built on top of the Dynamic Language Runtime.

IronPython 2.7 is stable, but that is Python 2 and not generally supported. Suggest finding an alternative?