Python Forum

Full Version: How realistic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty simple question.

Situation:
Last year high school, no real coding experience (some SQL, HTML and a bit of PHP), very limited education how to make or create a program.

Task on Hand:
Create your own solution how to solve a Sudoku
It is not allowed to use Backtracking
Make a flow chart of the solution
Learn yourself Python
Code the solution you have made.

How realistic is this to ask this assignment from a student of that level?

Peter
How long do you have? That determines how realistic it is.
(Mar-07-2021, 05:50 PM)michael1789 Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you have? That determines how realistic it is.

Four weeks, and it is one of several classes where assignment needs to be done for.
Realistically seen 8 hours max a week to work on it

Peter
(Mar-07-2021, 06:24 PM)phvwijk Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar-07-2021, 05:50 PM)michael1789 Wrote: [ -> ]How long do you have? That determines how realistic it is.

Four weeks, and it is one of several classes where assignment needs to be done for.
Realistically seen 8 hours max a week to work on it

Peter

Plenty of time. Just focus on learning some basic python. Follow some game tutorials if you want. All the rest will be easy after. Code a suduko game in python and after that I bet you could do all four weeks of this in a couple hours. Plus it's more fun. lol You have to learn python anyway.
So you are of the opinion that 32 hours is enough to solve the problem, learn Python and be able to code it all for someone with no previous coding experience nor knowing any other computer language?

And make a flow blown report about has been done included all flowcharts which have to be extensive.

Peter
More than enough. Consider starting rather than trying to convince me you can't do it without even trying.
If you think you'll have difficulty competing your assignment, you should raise that with your teacher.
(Mar-08-2021, 02:33 AM)michael1789 Wrote: [ -> ]More than enough. Consider starting rather than trying to convince me you can't do it without even trying.

The work is done and yes there is a working program. So that is not the main issue. It more that from all the ones doing class one other has something working.
The main question is how realistic is it to have 18 years without computer programming education, learn python on itself, make the logic, code the logic and do all the other stuff in a limited amount of time.
(Mar-08-2021, 06:32 AM)ndc85430 Wrote: [ -> ]If you think you'll have difficulty competing your assignment, you should raise that with your teacher.

Oh yeah for sure did happen. Requested were several point to be done. But denied were as many. We doubt a lot if he is able to do the coding himself. He is just a substitute teacher walking away from any tiny bit harder question.

So that was a dead end road. So we are looking for arguments to concur him when he is giving us bad grades.
(Mar-09-2021, 11:57 PM)phvwijk Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar-08-2021, 02:33 AM)michael1789 Wrote: [ -> ]More than enough. Consider starting rather than trying to convince me you can't do it without even trying.

The work is done and yes there is a working program. So that is not the main issue. It more that from all the ones doing class one other has something working.
The main question is how realistic is it to have 18 years without computer programming education, learn python on itself, make the logic, code the logic and do all the other stuff in a limited amount of time.

Well, I'm self taught. So are lots of the people here. Python exists precisely for easy of use or learning. With a couple tutorials and a few questions here you could learn to code an RPG in you 32 hours, with sound, animated sprites, and save games with time to spare. A Sudoku solver can't be that hard.

What exactly do you think is going to take so long? How many hours would you need? Do you know?

Have you looked at a tutorial? Like... this is a python forum. For people who code python. If your goal is NOT to learn python and to discourage others others from learn it, I don't know what people here can do for you.
Pages: 1 2