Python Forum

Full Version: Website scrapping and download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear coders,

I am new to this forum and my first post. I have started with python for dummies and trying to give few hours a week.

This is what I want and need to know if python can help me achieve the same and how.?

There is a website> I login , then I put the required fields and then go to a result page, where I am allowed to choose what data I want. After that I can download the info on pdf.

What I want.

Can I write a code in python which when run, will go to the website, enter the current date, select data I want and download pdf.

I know of data scrapping, I have been part of few web design teams and have seen this.

But using python can I write my own code and make this for my self.

My idea is not to just spend hours on typing hello world and see the output, but I would like to see practical use of the code by making a small system.

Apologies if I am on the wrong forum , but I am willing to spend time and learn.

Please help. Thank you
Quote:Can I write a code in python which when run, will go to the website, enter the current date, select data I want and download pdf.
Yes, Selenium is a good candidate for this type of web scraping.
You can learn the basics here:
Web-scraping part 1
Web-scraping part 2
(Apr-14-2021, 12:10 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Can I write a code in python which when run, will go to the website, enter the current date, select data I want and download pdf.
Yes, Selenium is a good candidate for this type of web scraping.
You can learn the basics here:
Web-scraping part 1
Web-scraping part 2

Thank you will give it a try
You can give a try for selenium, but there is alternative using python requests lib.