Python Forum

Full Version: Python bot for ADB Android SCRCPY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Ive been working on a script to automate certain tasks on various social media/games and retail sites.

Currently I have been working with pyautogui and it works fine but still has issues with finetuning the click mechanics (image recognition/screenshot tool) Even when I add [confidence=0,8/0,9] And proceed to call the locateCenterOnScreen(), the printed results show coordinates way out of my screen proportions.

My question is if this is the right GUI to work with on a script like this?
At the moment I am running my script on scrcpy connected to ADB with my android phone. Which works okay. I’m fairly new to the subject so sometimes I don’t know where to begin searching which is why I’m asking it here.

Could anyone help me out sharing some knowledge? What should I use to create bots to automate certain/complicated tasks on a phone. If its convenient I could post parts of my code on here.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Favourite GUI is like favourite restaurant, some like greasy meat, some like steamed veterinarian, I like filet mignon with steamed vegies on the side.

My GUI of choice is wxpython phoenix with a side of Qt5, and maybe a dash of Kivy
(May-01-2021, 01:58 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]Favourite GUI is like favourite restaurant, some like greasy meat, some like steamed veterinarian, I like filet mignon with steamed vegies on the side.

My GUI of choice is wxpython phoenix with a side of Qt5, and maybe a dash of Kivy
Thank you sir! These are the answers I am looking for. So far I had never heard of these before but I am still new to this. Everything I know of Python I have researched myself, its just so much information so its nice to have a bit guidance sometimes which is why I decided to join the forum. Im looking into the recommendations you gave and so far its looking good for what I want to do :)
I should also mention that I use tkinter (built in on most python distributions) is good good for many applications.

Tkinter is a wrapper around the old TCL/Tk C package.

It in my opinion is not a good choice as a beginner as the geometry is difficult to get right when you have more than one of two windows to manage.

Should you like to use it, I have some info on sizing here: https://python-forum.io/Thread-Tkinter-Getting-Tkinter-Grid-Sizing-Right-the-first-time

It's old (2016), but still valid, and not the best write up either. There are better ones.