Python Forum

Full Version: Help with linearRegression/cross_val_score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm trying to find the cross validation score using Linear regression model but am getting scores more than 1.
I have attached the data, code as well as the output. Kindly help if possible. Thanks :)
[attachment=1061]
Please show what you have tried (code) so far.
(May-17-2021, 03:48 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]Please show what you have tried (code) so far.

Hi!Please find the code below. A big Thanks for your time! :)

import pandas as pd
data=pd.read_csv(r'C:\Users\Personal\Desktop\Sample.csv',nrows=30)
data
from sklearn.linear_model import LinearRegression
from sklearn.model_selection import cross_val_score
import numpy as np
lr=LinearRegression()
x,y=data.iloc[:,0:2],data.iloc[:,[2]]
lr=LinearRegression()
cross_val_score(lr, x, y,cv=5)
(May-16-2021, 02:45 PM)vasu2798 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm trying to find the cross validation score using Linear regression model but am getting scores more than 1.
I have attached the data, code as well as the output. Kindly help if possible. Thanks :)

sorry, but have You understood what cv does ???
how many scores You thought 5 folds cv would returns??
(May-20-2021, 08:08 PM)Caprone Wrote: [ -> ]
(May-16-2021, 02:45 PM)vasu2798 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm trying to find the cross validation score using Linear regression model but am getting scores more than 1.

sorry, but have You understood what cv does ???

Hey Sorry. I guess I didn't frame my question right. I'm getting cv score values more than 1. I thought they would be in the range between 0.0 to 1.0
(May-20-2021, 08:24 PM)vasu2798 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May-20-2021, 08:08 PM)Caprone Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, but have You understood what cv does ???

Hey Sorry. I guess I didn't frame my question right. I'm getting cv score values more than 1. I thought they would be in the range between 0.0 to 1.0

ok if your metric is R2 than a score greater than 1 does not make sense; this may be because your data sample is very small, then variance can be very high; try to post a reproducible code with representative data