Python Forum

Full Version: Unable to plot the graph as needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am currently facing an problem which might be usual to you as i have just started my party, i thought to take help from Masters.

I am trying to plot a graph for the label which i created

fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(8, 8))
counts = df.label.value_counts(normalize=True) * 100
print(counts)
Output is:

Output:
0 100.0 Name: label, dtype: float64
There supposed to be
0 100.0
-1 0.0
1 0.0

Since my label has 0 only thats why it is giving 100 viz. correct

when i am executing second part of python:
sns.barplot(x=counts.index, y=counts, ax=ax)
ax.set_xticklabels([ 'Neutral', 'Negative','Positive'])
ax.set_ylabel("Percentage")
plt.show()
I gives value error
Error:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ValueError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-15-243f41dc9975> in <module> 13 14 ---> 15 ax.set_xticklabels([ 'Neutral', 'Negative','Positive']) 16 ax.set_ylabel("Percentage") 17 c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axes\_base.py in wrapper(self, *args, **kwargs) 61 62 def wrapper(self, *args, **kwargs): ---> 63 return get_method(self)(*args, **kwargs) 64 65 wrapper.__module__ = owner.__module__ c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\cbook\deprecation.py in wrapper(*args, **kwargs) 449 "parameter will become keyword-only %(removal)s.", 450 name=name, obj_type=f"parameter of {func.__name__}()") --> 451 return func(*args, **kwargs) 452 453 return wrapper c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py in _set_ticklabels(self, labels, fontdict, minor, **kwargs) 1794 if fontdict is not None: 1795 kwargs.update(fontdict) -> 1796 return self.set_ticklabels(labels, minor=minor, **kwargs) 1797 1798 @cbook._make_keyword_only("3.2", "minor") c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py in set_ticklabels(self, ticklabels, minor, **kwargs) 1715 # remove all tick labels, so only error for > 0 ticklabels 1716 if len(locator.locs) != len(ticklabels) and len(ticklabels) != 0: -> 1717 raise ValueError( 1718 "The number of FixedLocator locations" 1719 f" ({len(locator.locs)}), usually from a call to" ValueError: The number of FixedLocator locations (1), usually from a call to set_ticks, does not match the number of ticklabels (3).
I want it to display all positive negative and neutral result, but its showing only one graph in display. please help how to achieve this. I dont mind changing whole code.
(May-26-2021, 05:54 AM)drunkenneo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I am currently facing an problem which might be usual to you as i have just started my party, i thought to take help from Masters.

I am trying to plot a graph for the label which i created

fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(8, 8))
counts = df.label.value_counts(normalize=True) * 100
print(counts)
Output is:

Output:
0 100.0 Name: label, dtype: float64
There supposed to be
0 100.0
-1 0.0
1 0.0

Since my label has 0 only thats why it is giving 100 viz. correct

when i am executing second part of python:
sns.barplot(x=counts.index, y=counts, ax=ax)
ax.set_xticklabels([ 'Neutral', 'Negative','Positive'])
ax.set_ylabel("Percentage")
plt.show()
I gives value error
Error:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ValueError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-15-243f41dc9975> in <module> 13 14 ---> 15 ax.set_xticklabels([ 'Neutral', 'Negative','Positive']) 16 ax.set_ylabel("Percentage") 17 c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axes\_base.py in wrapper(self, *args, **kwargs) 61 62 def wrapper(self, *args, **kwargs): ---> 63 return get_method(self)(*args, **kwargs) 64 65 wrapper.__module__ = owner.__module__ c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\cbook\deprecation.py in wrapper(*args, **kwargs) 449 "parameter will become keyword-only %(removal)s.", 450 name=name, obj_type=f"parameter of {func.__name__}()") --> 451 return func(*args, **kwargs) 452 453 return wrapper c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py in _set_ticklabels(self, labels, fontdict, minor, **kwargs) 1794 if fontdict is not None: 1795 kwargs.update(fontdict) -> 1796 return self.set_ticklabels(labels, minor=minor, **kwargs) 1797 1798 @cbook._make_keyword_only("3.2", "minor") c:\Bhaskar\ML\env\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py in set_ticklabels(self, ticklabels, minor, **kwargs) 1715 # remove all tick labels, so only error for > 0 ticklabels 1716 if len(locator.locs) != len(ticklabels) and len(ticklabels) != 0: -> 1717 raise ValueError( 1718 "The number of FixedLocator locations" 1719 f" ({len(locator.locs)}), usually from a call to" ValueError: The number of FixedLocator locations (1), usually from a call to set_ticks, does not match the number of ticklabels (3).
I want it to display all positive negative and neutral result, but its showing only one graph in display. please help how to achieve this. I dont mind changing whole code.

You have not posted the full python code, the first 3 lines result in df not defined and plt not defined.
You'll need to show full code with your python imports to get an answer