Python Forum

Full Version: Python Application Starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, let me start by stating that I am a complete beginner in Python, or coding in general, and as so I need your help.
I am trying to create a script that would startup a certain application automatically, every time I turned my PC on, and I don't know how to do it...
Of course I'm not asking you to write the code and give it to me, but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated, this is a very important task.

Thank you in advance Heart

my code here
What OS? Also could you elaborate further why you need script to run the application? Different OS have different tools to start application automatically (incl. at boot) - e.g. Task Scheduler in Windows or Startup folder (also Windows), cron in Linux, don't know macOS, but it should have one too. In any case even with script, you will need to run the script using one of these tools in order it to start the application.
(May-24-2017, 04:36 AM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]What OS? Also could you elaborate further why you need script to run the application? Different OS have different tools to start application automatically (incl. at boot) - e.g. Task Scheduler in Windows or Startup folder (also Windows), cron in Linux, don't know macOS, but it should have one too. In any case even with script, you will need to run the script using one of these tools in order it to start the application.

Windows 7 or Ubuntu.
Basically I'm trying to set up a mining pc, and since I cant always monitor it, I need automatization.
I want to write the script for training purposes since im trying to learn python.
I read the source code for an application based around calling other scripts, and it was using cmd1. Would that be what I need?
If you insist on python script, probably you need to look at subprocess module