Python Forum

Full Version: BeautifulSoup help !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've just started up with python and an assignment was given to me by a company as an recruitment task.

I need to web scrap the coupons of all the websites available on www.couponraja.in and export it to csv format. 
The details which I need to be present in the csv are the coupon title , vendor , validity , description/detail , url to the vendor , image url of the coupon.

I have gone through many tutorials on beautifulsoup and have a beginners understanding of using it. Wrote a code as well , but the problem Im facing here is when i collect info from the divs which contains all those info , Im getting it in with all the html tags and the info is clustered. 

Code m using :
import requests
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

url = "https://www.couponraja.in/amazon"
r = requests.get(url)
soup = BeautifulSoup(r.content)
g_data = soup.find_all("div", {"class": "nw-offrtxt"})
for item in g_data:
    print item.contents
also will need help on how to export the info to csv format , I just know I need to import csv then write the information to a csv file.
But not getting through on how to achieve that.

Any help will be appreciated.
Hello! What is in g_data? Give us portion of the output
(Oct-06-2016, 09:48 AM)wavic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! What is in g_data? Give us portion of the output

g_data has the information in the nw-offrtxt div of the web page.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

the palce i have circles includes all the information Im seeking .. on the other side is the div "nw-offrtxt" which contains the information . g_data has that information.

Im a noob here so I might me a bit off track here.
I was meaning the the output from the print(g_data[0]).