Python Forum

Full Version: running project from github
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I downloaded a project from GitHub so I can learn more about Django. What are the steps that needs to be done to run the project?
What project? What does its README say? For generic Django instructions, did you check their docs?
I suggest finding a tutorial explaining how to build a site from scratch. A critical part of it is the part that explains how to set things up. Do you have a local server to use? Is it set up? Do you know what IDE you want to use? Do you want to learn to deploy the website to a host? If you want to use GitHub to deploy from then it might help to begin with a tutorial explaining how to develop locally then deploy from GitHub.

Then when you have done all that the sample project you downloaded is likely to be very useful and easier to use as a sample.

I am in the process of learning to. For me the complexity of developing locally then deploying from GitHub seems scary. I will feel good when I have gotten past that.