Python Forum

Full Version: Can you run Python off Dropbox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to run a python program I created off Dropbox so multiple people can use it.
Everyone using the program will have python and the required libraries downloaded onto them, but the only thing that really needs to be accessed/shared through Dropbox would be the database (.db file) that way everyone has the same database and can make changes to it accordingly.

Is this possible, or would I be better off just sharing the database file using Microsoft share to share the file?
(Jul-04-2022, 04:54 PM)Extra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if it's possible to run a python program I created off Dropbox so multiple people can use it.
Everyone using the program will have python and the required libraries downloaded onto them, but the only thing that really needs to be accessed/shared through Dropbox would be the database (.db file) that way everyone has the same database and can make changes to it accordingly.
Dropbox has some features for this but there are more specialized host for this like Heroku, Digitalocean or AWS Lambda(Function in Cloud)
How and When to Use Sqlite DigitalOcean.

Also look at DBHub.io and Delta Cloud where you can get away with ok hosts for free.