Python Forum

Full Version: Folding in ATOM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All of a sudden the folding doesn't work right in ATOM. I must have hit something or a hotkey I didn't mean to. Some things fold and others don't. It did work fine until now. Lots of things have the little arrow by the line number and those fold and unfold fine, but other parts don't fold even with "fold all". Other parts seem invisible, but can still be found with CTRL-F. The problem persists even with closing and reopening. If ATOM has some place it saves setting for each .py, I could perhaps reset it.. don't know. Folding is the reason I use ATOM, so... kinda matters to me. lol

It is very frustrating and if anyone knows what box I need to uncheck or what I did to make this happen, I would appreciate it. I'm working on UI, which sucks enough, I don't need it to be even worse.

Many, many thanks.
Never mind. After three days a f'n with it, I posted, then 2 mins later I somehow fixed it. Typical for me.
I have that problem sometimes. Usually I just close it out then reopen and it works correct.
XavierPlatinum Wrote:If ATOM has some place it saves setting for each .py, I could perhaps reset it.. don't know. Folding is the reason I use ATOM, so... kinda matters to me. lol
You should also look for new editor as Sunsetting Atom🌓
Quote:We are archiving Atom and all projects under the Atom organization for an official sunset on December 15, 2022.
VS Code is what i would advice to switch to as it's quite similar(i did use Atom for several years).
Dang I really liked atom. I guess I will try and use the VS Code suggestion.
(Sep-11-2022, 06:34 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]You should also look for new editor as Sunsetting Atom🌓

Thanks for the bad news! I guess lol.