Python Forum

Full Version: Can't extract hidden input using Selenium!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!!
I'm trying to learn selenium from sometime but I got struck in a problem.. I'm trying to write a script for logging into my Facebook account and automate posting... But I'm unable to extract 'post' form using selenium selectors.. On inspecting then input type for the form shows 'hidden' and I think that's why the problem occurs.. I have searched for solutions but couldn't find any better.. Can anyone please help me out with this..
#I'm using python version 3.6

Thank you.
First of all you should be using their API to post. I can tell you from experience that once they figure out you are automatically posting via a bot your account is jailed for an X amount of time. I have been jailed quite often. If you havent been...it means they restrict your account from what you automated. If it is posting in groups for example, then you are banned from posting in groups for awhile. I would advise to make a separate account for testing. However their API is a lot of extra BS crap you have to go through, if all you are doing is posting. If you time and imitate human delays in your program, it is harder for them to detect your bot. Facebook is probably the master of all websites at obfuscation in their code to mislead bot authors. As well as any trick in the book. I would suggest to learn selenium on a different site before tackling facebook.