Python Forum

Full Version: Is there a good book with an end-to-end project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I hope this post is not beyond the questions guideline.
I'm currently learning Python, and I would like a book which goes from a project beginning to end.
An advanced book. Any book that finishes 1 big project (or even 2 or 3) from beginning to end, which can potentially go over troubleshooting, deployment, structure of the code (i.e composition vs inheritence). For example I just finished Python Prrogramming Blueprints by D. Furtado, he had 9 projects in the book, I would like somethin with less breadth and maybe more depth, which can show me some of the ins and outs of deploying a larger project.

Any ideas?
Can't vouch for it (as I haven't read it), but this book contains several complete projects, and is free to read on line (or purchase book)
https://practicalpython.yasoob.me/
Larz60+ Wrote:Can't vouch for it (as I haven't read it), but this book contains several complete projects, and is free to read on line (or purchase book)
https://practicalpython.yasoob.me/

I just got finished reading this one about 5 weeks ago. One of the better books I reade. Got me interacting more with Flask that I imagined, and it made me recognize the different uses of Flask framework (the add-ons, libraries) used for deploying apps.

Thank you for the suggestion.

As I mentioned I finished Daniel Furtado's Python Programming Blueprints and that has some decent sized apps.

And so I am wondering if there are any other project books out there. It would even be great if it related to large scale apps/deployments, with even leaning on the SDLC, or enterprise apps.
There are quite a few complete projects here on the tutorials forum.
Take a look through those.

I wrote at least one based on complete project.

This one creates a database with all of the cities and towns from Connecticut, needs updating, but should still work
SqlAlchemy Tutorial - Basic Model, database Creation and Data Load

It covers the following:
  • Download the data to a CSV file
    Define a 'paths' module named SqlPaths.py which will create the necessary data directory structure
    Define a database model (which for this tutorial will only include a single table 'ConnecticutCity')
    Create initial database from the Model
    Populate the table from created CSV file
    Query 'ConnecticutCity' table