Python Forum

Full Version: Pip lists the module but python does not find it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people,

I am struggling to get a package that, supposedly, pip already installed.
the package in question is fenics. Installed with pip install fenics.

With pip list it shows the package and its dependencies, however when running python the error "ModuleNotFoundError" comes up.

I only have this version of python in my computer, I am running windows and the PATH of windows has already the paths for the python folder, for the lib\site-packages folder and for the python310\scripts

Cheers.
(Apr-11-2023, 11:20 AM)Dato Wrote: [ -> ]I am struggling to get a package that, supposedly, pip already installed.
If look at Repo so is there only a single file setup.py.
This is only for allow FEniCS Python components to be installed from PyPI using pip.
See FEniCS Project Installation for Windows they only have Docker containers support.
Can of course use Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) or VirtualBox to get Linux on Windows.
(Apr-11-2023, 03:58 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr-11-2023, 11:20 AM)Dato Wrote: [ -> ]I am struggling to get a package that, supposedly, pip already installed.
If look at Repo so is there only a single file setup.py.
This is only for allow FEniCS Python components to be installed from PyPI using pip.
See FEniCS Project Installation for Windows they only have Docker containers support.
Can of course use Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) or VirtualBox to get Linux on Windows.

You are right about the installation procedure, one needs to relay on the linux subsystem. I read through the documentation at the time, but because my first attempt was installing in windows with pip and it seemed to identify it, I found it very confusing that it could not be imported later on.

Thank you for your answer.