Python Forum

Full Version: Possible mini python project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My boss recently gave me a job, I need to have it done by next wednesday, but I'm not sure if im going to go about it with python, since I'm not sure if i have the skill set to do it. Basically i need to search all the frequency licenses in the area, and copy the call sign and associated frequencies to excel. It involves going to a website that will show you each 'call sign' (basically the name of the holder) and the frequencies they have reserved. I cant post links unfortunately :\ but I think it would be fun to try it out. Unfortunately I only have a couple days, so that may not be the best idea.

Ive worked with ajax calls (getjson) in JS when i was deep in web dev like a month ago, if thats the way to go about it. I havnt done anything in depth with python though, but id consider myself proficient when it comes to knowing the syntax of programming languages.

Thanks
With your time constraints, use what you know best.
(Jul-21-2017, 12:32 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: [ -> ]With your time constraints, use what you know best.

For me, i guess that would be the old fashion way, copy and paste lol wasnt sure if it could be a simple ajax call and a function to put in all in excel. Then again, ive never worked with API's or excel with python.