Python Forum

Full Version: Newbie question about switching between files - Python/Pycharm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My background is not coding, so I am not familiar with coding lingo, everything I know is self taught and my knowledge is limited.

I am using Pycharm, when I run a file there is a button that appears, currently when i press a button it opens my other file, which is what I want, however I want it to seamlessly switch to the other file as you would expect with using any application, instead it opens the file as a totally new pop-up box. I do not want it to open a new box, what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
to start with, please post your code using bbcode tags
@Larz60+, As far as I understand OP question is IDE related, specific to PyCharm, not at all code related.
I thought it was IDE related also, but now that I read it again, it sounds like running the "file" makes a button appear, and pressing the button makes the other "file" appear in a new window. That does not sound like anything in PyCharm. I think the OP has written a program that is unintentionally using recursion. But that is just a wild guess without seeing any code.