Python Forum

Full Version: Scraping data from ebay seller page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
New in Phyton and I need a little help..
I want to develop a website that scrape data from ebay (not from the regular customer on ebay, from the sellers side) and paste it into a word doc.
the data that I need is the name and addresses of the customers who bought an item.
So, my problem is- how to scrap data from a web page that has username and password,
how to do it fully automatic,
how to implant this script on my website?
Thanks!
Yuval
A good place to start is Snippsat's tutorials on web scraping
Part1
Part2
(Jul-26-2017, 08:11 PM)yuvalta Wrote: [ -> ]New in Phyton and I need a little help..
Why phyton?  Is there a native language where "py" sounds phonetically similar to "fi", as in "fish"?  I see phyton very frequently on the forums, and it's interesting to me.  Out of all the mis-typings, I'd expect to see piethon or something. 

Maybe because the "h" and "y" keys are neighbors on qwerty keyboards, and some people type faster than they think?  I'm not sure that's it, though, because then I'd expect to see pyhton or phtyon or something.
If you need to have deeper insights about Scraping eBay using BeautifulSoup in Python, Read more:
Scraping eBay using BeautifulSoup Python
scraping eBay using BeautifulSoup in Python

It includes the following key points:
1. Scraping eBay step by step
2. Selecting the required information
3. Finalising the tags for extraction
4. Putting the scraped data in a structured format
5. Visualising the results (optional)
6. Required libraries and Installation
7. Python implementation for scraping eBay(complete set of codes)
8. Visualising the price of products