Python Forum

Full Version: program flow advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I'm currently writing a program so that I can add in my vehicles and keep track of any maintenance done at what mileage and what time of year. I've defined my objects and fucntions which is all very well testing in a one time run of the script but I'd like to save the values for next time I run it.

Is it wise to do this by writing and reading to a text file or is this a good opportunity to try a SQLite database? This will only ever be run offline, no need for it to be web integrated. This will all be wrapped in a tkinter GUI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my code here
Depends on how big you thing your data may be.  Rather than a text file, I would start with a .csv file, if that starts to grow to large, you can always import it into sqllite.
Yeah well its not going to be massive just thought it might be good practice to use some sort of database. Starting with a .csv file sounds good to me though. Ill give that a shot.

Cheers!