Python Forum

Full Version: Unsolved import App .Unable to import Kivy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i use the module which is installed using Pip. I am not able to add as egg whereas there is no option to add an wheel. I have installed kivi using pip but. i am not able to use it like a module installed in eclipse using egg. How do I proceed further

Kivy-1.9.1.dev -cp27-none-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform. error in eclipse

C:\Program Files\Python36\Scripts>python -m pip install C:\Kivy-1.10.1.dev0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
Processing c:\kivy-1.10.1.dev0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
Requirement already satisfied: Kivy-Garden>=0.1.4 in c:\program files\anaconda3\lib\site-packages (from Kivy==1.10.1.dev0)
Requirement already satisfied: pygments in c:\program files\anaconda3\lib\site-packages (from Kivy==1.10.1.dev0)
Requirement already satisfied: docutils in c:\program files\anaconda3\lib\site-packages (from Kivy==1.10.1.dev0)
Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\program files\anaconda3\lib\site-packages (from Kivy-Garden>=0.1.4->Kivy==1.10.1.dev0)
Installing collected packages: Kivy
Found existing installation: Kivy 1.10.0
Uninstalling Kivy-1.10.0:
Successfully uninstalled Kivy-1.10.0
Successfully installed Kivy-1.10.1.dev0
Quote:Kivy-1.9.1.dev -cp27-none-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform. error in eclipse
This is for python2.7 indicated in the package name cp27

Quote:Requirement already satisfied: Kivy-Garden>=0.1.4 in c:\program files\anaconda3\lib\site-packages (from Kivy==1.10.1.dev0)
It looks like you have anaconda installed which has kivy in it....so if your eclipse IDE is directed to use a different python then its not going to be able to use kivy if that python version doesnt have kivy installed to it. I dont use elcipse, so i dont know how exactly to tell you to switch or ensure it is using that python. But all IDE's have a method in which allows you to change the python interpreter it using.
Hi,

I have added the anaconda interpreter in eclipse hence I was able to use it.
Thanks does it mean that packages installed in python interpreter cannot be used and the preferences has to be change??

Regards,
Bharath