Python Forum

Full Version: can't import module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! New here, hope you guys can help.

My computer runs Windows 7 and I'm trying to install the module ovr from github (google "pyovr" to find it.. anti-spam feature says I can't post links). ovr is a python binding for the Oculus Rift and gives head tracking information.

Python 2.7 is installed, Oculus runtime is also installed (a requirement) and "pip install ovr" works. The problem is that every time I try to import ovr I get the error "The specified module could not be found".

Looking on the net, one possibility mentioned is that the module isn't installed in the right directory, but ovr is installed in C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages as I think it should be.

Another possibility is that the python path is not set correctly. I typed in C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages after "Path" in System variables, and even tried specifying a separate PYTHONPATH variable with no luck.

I should point out that I have another installation of python called Psychopy on the same machine (also easily found by googling) that I use to display things in the Rift, but ovr won't import from any location. Other modules installed through pip easily import, so it's just ovr I'm having trouble with.

Any help is appreciated.
I had this problem too a long time ago with Visual Studio. What I had to do was Project>Properties and then select the interpeter to the version of Python you are using.
Hope this helped