Python Forum

Full Version: Collaboration on a Pokemon Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making a Pokemon Game In Python using Pygame and Github. I was wondering if anyone was willing to help me. I'm hoping to get a team of 10 or more people to help me make this game. If you are interested please reply!
You should do some research on copyright infringement first.  You can be sued for using trademarked things, like "pokemon".  It doesn't matter if you don't make money, or release it for free, the fact that it exists at all can be seen as damaging the official name, and you can be sued over it.  Feel free to look into it, it happens all the time to tetris clones.

That said, there's nothing wrong with having a collectable creature game, that's heavily inspired by pokemon.  Just don't use the actual word "pokemon" or any of the pokemon from any of the games/shows in your game.
This one makes me want to try to violate this on every game i make just to piss them off.

International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), which also monitors and prohibits its misuse of a red cross on a white background as in the case of prison architect.
Wow, I hadn't heard about that one.  That is just utter bullshit.