Python Forum

Full Version: No Script Folder in Python 3.6.2 Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded Python 3.6.2 on my iMac and PC. I attempted to use the pip install ..... to download NumPy, Matplotlib, etc. and it doesn't work. I noticed in the Python 3.6 Folder there are no Scripts. The only files in the folder are:

IDLE (Python 3.6 32-bit)
Python 3.6 (32-bit)
Python 3.6 Manuals (32-bit)
Python 3.6 Module Docs (32-bit)

I am a brand new beginner.
try

pip3 install numpy matplotlib
I was able to get pip install working by finding the path where the Scripts were. I was able to install several packages (matplotlib, scikit-learn, NumPy, pandas, but SciPy failed. The message was:
C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts>pip install SciPy
Collecting SciPy
Using cached scipy-0.19.1.tar.gz
Installing collected packages: SciPy
Running setup.py install for SciPy ... error
Complete output from command c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='C:\\Users\\jriemer\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-build-ksmpbner\\SciPy\\setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-yqe9uknn-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile:

Note: if you need reliable uninstall behavior, then install
with pip instead of using setup.py install:

- pip install . (from a git repo or downloaded source
release)
- pip install scipy (last SciPy release on PyPI)

lapack_opt_info:
lapack_mkl_info:
libraries mkl_rt not found in ['c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\lib', 'C:\\', 'c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\libs']
NOT AVAILABLE

openblas_lapack_info:
libraries openblas not found in ['c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\lib', 'C:\\', 'c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\libs']
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_3_10_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:1051: UserWarning: Specified path C:\projects\numpy-wheels\windows-wheel-builder\atlas-builds\atlas-3.10.1-sse2-32\lib is invalid.
pre_dirs = system_info.get_paths(self, section, key)
<class 'numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_3_10_threads_info'>
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_3_10_info:
<class 'numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_3_10_info'>
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
<class 'numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_threads_info'>
NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_info:
<class 'numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_info'>
NOT AVAILABLE

c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:572: UserWarning:
Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
the ATLAS environment variable.
self.calc_info()
lapack_info:
libraries lapack not found in ['c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\lib', 'C:\\', 'c:\\users\\jriemer\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36-32\\libs']
NOT AVAILABLE

c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:572: UserWarning:
Lapack (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/) libraries not found.
Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [lapack]) or by setting
the LAPACK environment variable.
self.calc_info()
lapack_src_info:
NOT AVAILABLE

Lapack (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/) sources not found.
Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [lapack_src]) or by setting
the LAPACK_SRC environment variable.
self.calc_info()
NOT AVAILABLE

Running from scipy source directory.
non-existing path in 'scipy\\integrate': 'quadpack.h'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ksmpbner\SciPy\setup.py", line 416, in <module>
setup_package()
File "C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ksmpbner\SciPy\setup.py", line 412, in setup_package
setup(**metadata)
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\core.py", line 135, in setup
config = configuration()
File "C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ksmpbner\SciPy\setup.py", line 336, in configuration
config.add_subpackage('scipy')
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 1029, in add_subpackage
caller_level = 2)
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 998, in get_subpackage
caller_level = caller_level + 1)
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 935, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
File "scipy\setup.py", line 15, in configuration
config.add_subpackage('linalg')
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 1029, in add_subpackage
caller_level = 2)
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 998, in get_subpackage
caller_level = caller_level + 1)
File "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line 935, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
File "scipy\linalg\setup.py", line 20, in configuration
raise NotFoundError('no lapack/blas resources found')
numpy.distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: no lapack/blas resources found

----------------------------------------
Command "c:\users\jriemer\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='C:\\Users\\jriemer\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-build-ksmpbner\\SciPy\\setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-yqe9uknn-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-ksmpbner\SciPy\

C:\Users\jriemer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts>
Try use wheel for SciPy here.
Eg.
For Python3.6 and 32-bit(python),do you have 64-bit(python) choose that wheel.
pip install scipy‑1.0.0b1‑cp36‑cp36m‑win32.whl
Problem follow advise.
Quote:Install numpy+mkl before installing scipy.

Anaconda is also a choice to get all of this pre-installed.
It's stand alone,so no problem to have both installed.
(Sep-24-2017, 06:13 PM)jriemer Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded Python 3.6.2 on my iMac and PC. I attempted to use the pip install ..... to download NumPy, Matplotlib, etc. and it doesn't work. I noticed in the Python 3.6 Folder there are no Scripts. The only files in the folder are: IDLE (Python 3.6 32-bit) Python 3.6 (32-bit) Python 3.6 Manuals (32-bit) Python 3.6 Module Docs (32-bit) I am a brand new beginner.
(Sep-24-2017, 06:13 PM)jriemer Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded Python 3.6.2 on my iMac and PC. I attempted to use the pip install ..... to download NumPy, Matplotlib, etc. and it doesn't work. I noticed in the Python 3.6 Folder there are no Scripts. The only files in the folder are: IDLE (Python 3.6 32-bit) Python 3.6 (32-bit) Python 3.6 Manuals (32-bit) Python 3.6 Module Docs (32-bit) I am a brand new beginner.
pleaase how did you find scripts folder
FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. windowsButton + R [SHortcut for Run]
2. Type "%appdata%" and press Enter [ignore the double quotes]
3. On the window that appears navigate Back to AppData folder [Click on AppData on the address bar]
4. Then follow the sequence: => Local => Programs => Python => Python36 => Scripts
5. There you go! Arrived at your destination! The Scripts folder!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
My man deserves a price for this :D Thank you so much!!