Python Forum

Full Version: how to install pyqt5 for python 3.5.2 64bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my names Luigi from Italy,

How to install pyqt5 on python 3.5.2 64 bit with code designer ?

Thanks.
Not sure if PyQt5 runs on python 3.5 yet. The docs say that it will, but I couldn't get it to load.
You can use PyQtX which mimics PyQt5, using PyQt4.
Take a look at it to see if it will suffice
Use 'pip install PyQtX' if you want to try it.
Or -- do a bit more research on PyQt5, I'd see if there is a wheel that you could download
It's also possible that the pip version for Python 3.5 is named something other than PyQt5
'pip search PyQt5' brings up a fairly long list (including PyQt5 which I tried on python 3.5 without success)
Ok, my serach pyQt5

?? 

Output:
pyqt5-installer (5.7.0)   - This package installs an script to install   PyQt5
Output:
D:\Python>pip search PyQt5 hackedit (1.0a2)                  - The hackable IDE, built with Python3,                                     PyQt5 and pyQode qutebrowser (0.8.2)               - A keyboard-driven, vim-like browser based                                     on PyQt5 and QtWebKit. vext.pyqt5 (0.5.20)               - Use system pyqt5 from a virtualenv pyblish-qml (0.7.0)               - Frontend for Pyblish written in PyQt5/QML qt_backport (0.1.3)               - Makes PySide/PyQt4 code work with Qt5                                     (using PyQt5) python-qt5 (0.1.10)               - PyQt5 fgmk (0.5.9)                      - A PyQt5 Maker to generate a RPG Javascript                                     game. Sonance-Music-Player (0.1.Alpha)  - This is a music player using PyQt5 python-pyqt5-hexview (0.4.3)      - PyQt5 hex viewer widget. pyqt5-tools (5.7.dev9)            - Tools to supplement the official PyQt5                                     wheels Qt.py (0.6.1)                     - Python 2 & 3 compatibility wrapper around                                     all Qt bindings - PySide, PySide2, PyQt4                                     and PyQt5. PyQtX (0.1.2)                     - Mimics the structure of PyQt5 but provides                                     PyQt4 as a fallback solution. python-qdatamatrix (0.1.9)        - A PyQt4/PyQt5 widget for viewing and                                     editing a DataMatrix object pyqt5-macos-built (5.5.0)         - This package installs a prebuilt version                                     of PyQt5 for Mac OS AnyQt (0.0.6)                     - PyQt4/PyQt5 compatibility layer. pyqode.qt (2.10.0)                - Shim library that wraps PyQt5, PyQt4 and                                     PySide SiQt (0.2.0a1)                    - A compatibility library for PyQt4, PyQt5                                     and PySide QtStuff (0.4)                     - Compatibility layer and helper classes for                                     PySide/PyQt4/PyQt5 cheesemaker (0.3.8)               - A minimalistic image viewer using Python3                                     and PyQt5 python-pyqt5-vstructui (0.4.0)    - PyQt5 vstruct hex viewer widget. pyssb (0.1.1)                     - PyQT5 Site Specific Browser ModernGL.PyQt5 (0.1.1)            - UNKNOWN QtPy (1.1.2)                      - Provides an abstraction layer on top of                                     the various Qt bindings (PyQt5, PyQt4 and                                     PySide) and additional custom QWidgets. pyqt5-installer (5.7.0)           - This package installs an script to install                                     PyQt5 PyQt5 (5.7)                       - Python bindings for the Qt cross platform                                     UI and application toolkit D:\Python>

ok, no problem ... solved problem 

pip install pyqt5-installer
pip install pyqt5
pip install pyqt5-tools

[Image: Immagine.png]

thanks.

file run:
C:\Python35\Lib\site-packages\pyqt5-tools\designer