Python Forum

Full Version: unable to load file using python selenium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I am trying to upload any dummy file from any arbitrary path but this is not working. I have removed driver.close() ,juts to check my file is uploaded or not .

Please change the path of file which you want to upload and I am opening generic site.

from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys

#Getting local session of Chrome
driver=webdriver.Chrome()

#put here the adress of your page
driver.get("https://files.fm/")
#put here the content you have put in Notepad, ie the XPath

#elem=driver.find_elements_by_xpath( '//*[@id="tsf"]/div[2]/div[3]/center/input[1]')############### this is one of name 
#elem.send_keys("google search through python")

'''for e in elem:
    e.send_keys("google search through python")'''
elem2=driver.find_element_by_id('file_upload').send_keys("C:\\Users\\pubhatia\\Documents\\learning\\python\\call_url.py")
print(elem2)
##driver.close()
Output:
DevTools listening on ws://127.0.0.1:12670/devtools/browser/9a8e734d-27a3-490f-ac0f-521545234943 None
Please confirm what is wrong in this code

Also can some one explain the meaning of this output
My suspection here that your not find the "file_upload" element.

elem2=driver.find_element_by_id('file_upload')
print(elem2)
elem2.send_keys("C:\\Users\\pubhatia\\Documents\\learning\\python\\call_url.py")
Can you try this code? What does it print?
Hi hashivaraj,

I tried what u have mentioned and as per my understanding it is working fine. Please correct me if I am wrong .

from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys

#Getting local session of Chrome
driver=webdriver.Chrome()

#put here the adress of your page
driver.get("https://files.fm/")
#put here the content you have put in Notepad, ie the XPath

#elem=driver.find_elements_by_xpath( '//*[@id="tsf"]/div[2]/div[3]/center/input[1]')############### this is one of name 
#elem.send_keys("google search through python")

'''for e in elem:
    e.send_keys("google search through python")'''
#elem2=driver.find_element_by_id('file_upload').send_keys("C:\\Users\\pubhatia\\Documents\\learning\\python\\call_url.py")
#print(elem2)

print(elem2)
elem2.send_keys("C:\\Users\\pubhatia\\Documents\\learning\\python\\call_url.py")
driver.close()

Output:
DevTools listening on ws://127.0.0.1:12834/devtools/browser/3cfbab60-fd17-4582-979f-5cc172054f54 <selenium.webdriver.remote.webelement.WebElement (session="498744c3b6f8c6219d4f6c85c11e66e2", element="0.4471727654327058-1")>
Hi All,
Please help in resolving this issue.
print(elem2)
Ok that looking good. This means that you did manage to find the element and then you did manage to upload path.
But you seem to close the webdriver. I would suggest that you seen send an "ENTER" key for upload the file path you want to upload

builder = Actions(driver);
builder.keyDown(Keys.ENTRE).perform()
I haven't tested the code. That was such and idea. Lookup the selenium doc.