Python Forum

Full Version: Issue with new users not getting approved for membership?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My good friend IRL attempted to create a user account yesterday. He's been waiting and waiting for his new account to be approved. Dear Mods: Any possible reason why the wait? The Domain of his email is with yandex as the provider. Could this be the issue? The user name that he tried to register is: knackwurstbagel
I've just activated them. Not sure what the issue was. They might want to consider checking their spam folder.
Don't know what the reason is, but it happens all the time.
We usually get a few people asking for help in the IRC channel every week.
I don't know how the registration process looks at the moment. But is it possible to add a notice with some contact information where users can turn to should they face registration problems? Or advice to check spam folder, if that is the issue.
Issue might be fixed
https://python-forum.io/Thread-NOTICE-su...ions-reset

However there always seemed to be a fluke here and there where it would not send one every so often. Has happened A LOT in the past month though.

but the IRC login info and chat link are provided in the registration page at the bottom for users that have trouble with registering.
Thank you Drone4four and to the moderators who made the approval. I did indeed check the spam box many times as well as clicking the button to request another email be sent. It sounds like a limitation of gmail as per metulburr's url though I am using Yandex for my mail provider, maybe your mailer system is using google. I don't know how everything is setup but I suspect as part of owning the domain python-forum.io you may have mx records you could use to set up your own mail server? Just a guess as I am not sure how that works.

In either case I just wanted to thank everyone involved.
Quote:though I am using Yandex for my mail provider
It shouldnt matter whatsoever who your provider is