Python Forum

Full Version: Showing wrong number of unread posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Python forums tab (in Firefox) always shows 15 unread posts more than I actually have. So if all my posts are read, it shows (15) unread posts. If I have 5 unread posts, it shows (20), etc. This has been the case for at least about 2 months now I think.
Anyone else having a similar issue?
Thats odd for 1) i havent seen that at all and 2) that it started doing it 2 months ago.

What happens if you go to unread posts list and select "mark all posts read"?
In my case I randomly get ghost unread count when I select mark all as read, but only until I refresh the page and then the count is correct
@metulburr Going to unread posts and select "mark all posts read" solved the issue! That would never occur to me, since visually all posts always appeared read ("forum contains no new posts" and no coloured icon).

@buran I would expect refreshing to solve the matter, but it never did.
I think there is a bug in the code that doesnt always clear read posts, so the only way to ensure it all clears is to mark everything read via that function sometimes.
When I look at posts in Tutorials, almost every time I have to click on 'mark this forum read' in order to change the icon to gray
When someone edits the last post in a thread though, it is remarked as unread to everyone. Even if you have read the original already.