Python Forum

Full Version: Noobie Question, Libreries on Intellij
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I take an online Python cours and I am having a problem downloading new libreries.

[Image: fy5m7.jpg]

As you can see, when I import pytz (or any librery) it shows that everything is fine. But when I run the code

[Image: oxAHL.jpg]

It gives me this error

[Image: zC32G.jpg]

although the libs are installed just fine.

Now I tried to add to the classpath the directory from the picture above and no change.

[Image: y0jDY.jpg]

I know the one on the pic is not the right dir but still when I add it it does nothing.

How can I let intellij now about these libs?

Thank you veryu much!!
Use code tags and not pictures. 
Look at Path there are two version of Python 3.6 on your system.
Programs\python\python36-32\ --> when run in cmd.
Programs\python\python36\ --> when run in intellij 
Point python interpreter to right version.

Or uninstall to get rite of that horrible long default path that Python 3.6 use.
Chose your own Path as shown here Python 3.6 and pip installation under Windows.
The package is installed in the site-packages directory. You don't move it there yourself,
you let pip so that.

From the last image that you show, click on packages.

That will show you what you have installed for the version of python you are running, and make sure that
if you install needed packages from there (Green +) icon, that they will be installed in the proper version.

from command line, you can also type pip list to see what is actually installed.

You can check current version tied to python with:
python -V
from command line.If you reinstall as snippsat shows, you will be sure, but I think you said your
links look OK