Python Forum

Full Version: Installing PyChrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I watched a tutorial for some basic web bot. I was told I need PyChrome and Selenium. I am just beginning with Python and my skills are really low and I am very confused with installing PyChrome and Selenium. Can you tell me how to install these two needed things on Mac OS? I found this link:
https://pychrome.wordpress.com/install/

Thank you!
Installing Python 3 on Mac OS X
pip is a important part of Python,and most work.
Quote:Homebrew version of Python 3 is installed then pip3 will point to Python 3.
Then install from command line is:
pip3 install pychrome
pip3 install selenium
Alright I already got this in terminal. One more question. I like using PyCharm as an editor or how to call this.
Any ways of installing these two in there?
You point PyCharm(Configuring Python Interpreter) to the Python version you want to use(which now should be Python 3 and you installed with pip3).
Look at this post
So you update Path test that python3 command work.
Then can run.
$ which python3
The path you get here is what you point in PyCharm Configuring Python Interpreter link.
What am I doing wrong?
from selenium import webdriver
>>> from pyChrome import PyChrome
>>> url = "www.instagram.com"
>>> browser = PyChrome()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "pyChrome.py", line 96, in __init__
    self.__start(ghostmode=self.ghost)
  File "pyChrome.py", line 192, in __start
    self.window = Window(self.driver, config_filename=self.config_filename)
  File "/Users/simonugor/Desktop/test/pyChrome/src/window.py", line 79, in __init__
    self.size(self.sizeWin)
  File "/Users/simonugor/Desktop/test/pyChrome/src/window.py", line 130, in size
    self.driver.set_window_size(self.sizeWin[0], self.sizeWin[1])
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 1071, in set_window_size
    'windowHandle': windowHandle})
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/webdriver.py", line 312, in execute
    self.error_handler.check_response(response)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/remote/errorhandler.py", line 237, in check_response
    raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: cannot get automation extension
from unknown error: page could not be found: chrome-extension://aapnijgdinlhnhlmodcfapnahmbfebeb/_generated_background_page.html
  (Session info: chrome=63.0.3239.132)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.29.461585 (0be2cd95f834e9ee7c46bcc7cf405b483f5ae83b),platform=Mac OS X 10.11.6 x86_64)

>>> browser.open(url)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'browser' is not defined
(Jan-07-2018, 08:19 PM)simiugor Wrote: [ -> ]What am I doing wrong?
You are using Python 2,i have only given instruction for Python 3.
Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages