Python Forum

Full Version: Selenium - Googlemaps element not visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for anyone clever enough to figure this one out for me.
With python 3 I am writing a script that uses Selenium to open googlemaps enter a
site address and then take a screenshot (although pdf would be better) and close the browswer.

Ive gotten everything to work except when I enter the address google has a flyout side panel that blocks half of the
picture and I need it to go away.

I've tracked the xpath to be //*[@id="pane"]/div/div[4]/button
but when i run the script the best error i get is that the element is not visible.

def googlemaps():

from selenium import webdriver
    from selenium.webdriver.common.by import By
    from selenium.webdriver.support.ui import WebDriverWait
    from selenium.webdriver.support import expected_conditions as EC
    from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys
    import time

ProjectAddress = input("What is the project Address")
    browser = webdriver.Chrome()

browser.get(('https://www.google.com/maps'))
    browser.maximize_window()

# fill in username and hit the next button
    website = browser.find_element_by_name("q")
    website.send_keys(ProjectAddress)
    website.send_keys(Keys.RETURN)
    browser.find_element_by_xpath('//*[@id="pane"]/div/div[4]/button').click()
    time.sleep(5)
    browser.save_screenshot('SitePlan.png')
    browser.quit()

googlemaps()
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/Barnett Chenault/Desktop/AVA/test - googlesiteplan.py", line 26, in <module> googlemaps() File "C:/Users/Barnett Chenault/Desktop/AVA/test - googlesiteplan.py", line 21, in googlemaps browser.find_element_by_xpath('//*[@id="pane"]/div/div[4]/button').click() File "C:\Users\Barnett Chenault\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\remote\webelement.py", line 80, in click self._execute(Command.CLICK_ELEMENT) File "C:\Users\Barnett Chenault\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\remote\webelement.py", line 628, in _execute return self._parent.execute(command, params) File "C:\Users\Barnett Chenault\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\remote\webdriver.py", line 312, in execute self.error_handler.check_response(response) File "C:\Users\Barnett Chenault\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\remote\errorhandler.py", line 237, in check_response raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace) selenium.common.exceptions.ElementNotVisibleException: Message: element not visible (Session info: chrome=63.0.3239.132) (Driver info: chromedriver=2.34.522940 (1a76f96f66e3ca7b8e57d503b4dd3bccfba87af1),platform=Windows NT 10.0.16299 x86_64)
why not use googlemaps: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/googlemaps/2.5.1
and github: https://github.com/googlemaps/google-map...ces-python

Read the github readme to see what you can do with it.
It work for me,but have to wait before push button.
As a first test just use time.sleep() as you have done before taking screenshot.
Do that also before pushing button.
time.sleep(5)
time.sleep(5)
browser.save_screenshot('Oslo.png')
browser.quit()
(Jan-14-2018, 01:06 PM)snippsat Wrote: [ -> ]It work for me,but have to wait before push button.
As a first test just use time.sleep() as you have done before taking screenshot.
Do that also before pushing button.
time.sleep(5)
time.sleep(5)
browser.save_screenshot('Oslo.png')
browser.quit()

Ha, thanks that was perfect, I must have been getting tired I didn't even think about needing putting a wait timer ahead of
the click command.