Python Forum

Full Version: issues with name color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey! im using renpy if anyones familiar with it to code my game, and i typed in this thread: define m = Character("Mothman”, color=“#3e2a54”). i keep getting the error I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 6: is not terminated with a newline. (Check strings and parenthesis.)
(Perhaps you left out a " at the end of the first line.)
define m = Character("Mothman”, color=“#3e2a54”)

What is the issues? Please help!
can you post let's say top 10 lines of your code (assuming this is line#6 as per the traceback)? Also check the line before that one...
(Jan-17-2018, 06:49 PM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]can you post let's say top 10 lines of your code (assuming this is line#6 as per the traceback)? Also check the line before that one...
the lines above it are simply comments renpy leaves there by default, but here:
# The script of the game goes in this file.

# Declare characters used by this game. The color argument colorizes the
# name of the character.

define m = Character("Mothman”, color=“#3e2a54”)

define b = Character("Bigfoot”, color=“#856864”)

define n = Character("Nessie”, color=“#2f7e68”)

# The game starts here.

label start:
The quotes look like curly quotes or slanded quotes. Rewrite them all by hand. Did you copy and paste the code from a pdf file or rich text file? What is your editor?
Are you using Word as your text editor? Those aren't quote characters, and python won't understand them.
it should look like this

define m = Character("Mothman", who_color=[ ("#3e2a54") ])