Python Forum

Full Version: Installed but doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I have installed Kivy successfully following the steps written on the official website and i have installed the examples as well. But when I try to run one of the examples it is not working it says "Python: can't open file 'share\kivy-examples\demo\showcase\main.py' [Error 2] No such file or directory" .

Please note that i am using python 3.6.4 (the latest) and i followed the exact steps. Also i have python 2 installed if that makes any problem. Also i am using windows 7

please help,

best,
how do you try to run it?
can you locate the file main.py in path_to_your_python\share\kivy-examples\demo\showcase\main.py?
make sure you are trying to run it withe the correct python version where you installed kivy
yes i checked it is there. yes i am runing it on python3.5.4 and i think this is where i have installed kivy or however can i check if kivy is installed on python 3 not 2 ?

thanks
if it is there - you installed it for that respective python installation
how do you run it?
also if you installed it for python 3.5.4 make sure you run it with python 3.5, not python2
i type
python share\kivy-examples\demo\showcase\main.py
in the cmd is that right ?

I think yes i am running through python 3.6 because when i write
python -- version
in the cmd it gives me python 3.6.4. is that right?

thanks
I would change
python share\kivy-examples\demo\showcase\main.py

python c:\python36\share\kivy-examples\demo\showcase\main.py
Change c:\python36 to reflect the path to your python installation
i did but i still have the same error [error 2] no such file or directory! . any ideas how to fix it ?

thanks,
this error clearly show that python cannot find the main.py file. It's either problem with kivy-examples installation for different interpreter than the one you think, or you supply wrong path when try to run it.
i have reinstalled python and kivy but i still have the same problem !! any ideas for solutions?

thanks again
(Jan-29-2018, 04:18 PM)buran Wrote: [ -> ]this error clearly show that python cannot find the main.py file. It's either problem with kivy-examples installation for different interpreter than the one you think, or you supply wrong path when try to run it.
reinstalling is not going to fix this. The solution was given to you by buran. You are either using hte wrong interpreter, or your path is pointing to the wrong file. Thats all we can conclude from just an error.
https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=19
Pages: 1 2