Python Forum

Full Version: Latitude&Longitude Calculations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.

I would like your help regarding calculations using latitude and longitude. In particular, given:

(i)four sets of latitude and longitude coordinates indicating a rectangle on earth
(ii)an approximation of distance (in km or meters) from any of the four coordinates from stated in (ii) at any direction

What is the process to find the new point, in lat&long coordinates?
(Jan-30-2018, 04:09 AM)gdimit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. I would like your help regarding calculations using latitude and longitude. In particular, given: (i)four sets of latitude and longitude coordinates indicating a rectangle on earth (ii)an approximation of distance (in km or meters) from any of the four coordinates from stated in (ii) at any direction What is the process to find the new point, in lat&long coordinates? Generally the problem can be formed in this context: Given a single set of lat&long coordinates and a distance, for example 10km, I want to obtain a new lat&long coordinate that far as the given distance from the first point,
at any direction of X,Y,Z