Python Forum

Full Version: trying to create a .exe with py2exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, i'm having a bit of trouble using py2exe.
Here is the code of my setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
setup(console=['log_analyser.py'])
setup.py and log_analyser are on my python file
here is the code i use in my console:

C:\Users\pierre>cd C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32

C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32>python setup.py py2exe

and then here is the Traceback given to me :
running py2exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 3, in <module>
    setup(console=['log_analyser.py'])
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\distutils\core.py", line 148, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 955, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 974, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\distutils_buildexe.py", line 188, in run
    self._run()
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\distutils_buildexe.py", line 267, in _run
    builder.analyze()
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\runtime.py", line 159, in analyze
    self.mf.import_hook(modname)
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\mf3.py", line 117, in import_hook
    module = self._gcd_import(name)
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\mf3.py", line 267, in _gcd_import
    return self._find_and_load(name)
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\mf3.py", line 320, in _find_and_load
    self._scan_code(module.__code__, module)
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\mf3.py", line 352, in _scan_code
    for what, args in self._scan_opcodes(code):
  File "C:\Users\pierre\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\py2exe\mf3.py", line 381, in _scan_opcodes
    yield "store", (names[oparg],)
IndexError: tuple index out of range
I'm using python 3.65 and py2exe 0.9.2.0 that are normaly compatible.
py2exe is only supported up to Python 3.4,do not work on 3.6.
Pyinstaller is the best option,also cx_Freeze work for 3.6.
Pyinstaller has one file option like py2exe.
Example for a console program:
pyinstaller --onefile --console your.py
I have many post where i help with Pyinstaller,
there can be problem in all of these freeze packages to find all dependencies.
Here a tutorial.
Example build with Pandas(has a lot dependencies) to one file.
Thanks it works very well !! :D
I used pyinstaller