Python Forum

Full Version: Drills/Exercises for collections, itertools, and common built-in data structures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems pretty useful/efficient to have a good grasp on the collections, itertools module, and the methods and properties of things like strings, dictionaries, lists, and sets.

To get out of the beginner's comfort zone, any recommended books or resources that does drills/exercises on utilizing the collections and itertools modules, string manipulation, dictionaries, lists, and sets so that you get a hang of their more intermediate-advanced properties?

Note: seems like there's plenty exercises on list comprehensions.
I don't know of a resource that would focus on the particular modules/structures you mentioned. But playing with challenges on Codewars I have stumbled upon many which allow you to practice what you are interested in. Good thing is that after completing the challenge, you get to see solutions by others so you can compare and learn.
(Apr-26-2018, 08:08 AM)j.crater Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know of a resource that would focus on the particular modules/structures you mentioned. But playing with challenges on Codewars I have stumbled upon many which allow you to practice what you are interested in. Good thing is that after completing the challenge, you get to see solutions by others so you can compare and learn.

Does it break it down into categories beforehand so you know whether it's a problem that requires a list?

Also anybody used Python Cookbook before? If so, how do you utilize it for learning purposes? Someone recommended it as a comprehensive primer for these things.