Python Forum
quote and double post - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Board (https://python-forum.io/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: quote and double post (/thread-13324.html)

Pages: 1 2

quote and double post - Skaperen - Oct-10-2018

you know how doing 2 posts gets one post with 2 parts split by a horizontal line. when you click the quote button to make a reply, you get both posts in the quote. so you have to clean up the mess.

RE: quote and double post - metulburr - Oct-10-2018

(Oct-10-2018, 04:42 AM)Skaperen Wrote: you know how doing 2 posts gets one post with 2 parts split by a horizontal line. when you click the quote button to make a reply, you get both posts in the quote. so you have to clean up the mess.

i dont follow?

RE: quote and double post - buran - Oct-10-2018

I don't think it's a mess and in any case it's better to not quote entire post but only specific part (i.e. quote selection) that is relevant to your post/answer.

RE: quote and double post - Skaperen - Oct-11-2018

well, i had to remove the quoting of the first post.

so the quote would have only the second post.

(Oct-11-2018, 12:56 AM)Skaperen Wrote: well, i had to remove the quoting of the first post.

if i didn't then i'd have something like this.

(Oct-11-2018, 12:56 AM)Skaperen Wrote: well, i had to remove the quoting of the first post.

this can get fun.

RE: quote and double post - metulburr - Oct-11-2018

this can get fun.

i still dont follow? I quote your entire post and it properly quoted exactly what you have. Are you sure you are not double clicking quote to nest them? Thats what it looks like you are doing. i would also suggest what buran stated. Only quote the section that you are speaking about. This makes it easier for others to read your post knowing exactly what you are responding about.

RE: quote and double post - metulburr - Oct-12-2018

i actually had this happen. It double quoted and put the second one within the first quotes. I have noticed with this forum that sometimes its like you double request the same thing. Sometimes we have had issues of people duplicating threads, but it might actually be this glitch. Although it doesnt seem to happen a lot for me.

RE: quote and double post - Skaperen - Oct-12-2018

time for someone to write some new forum software ... in Python and Brython. lots of interaction, even server interaction like saving and posting what is edited, should be done client side. the server should just be an information exchange and not be generating formatted pages (other than prior to login). the client-side can do this by directly setting up DOM objects.

i am curious if this myBB software has its own daemon running, or if everything is produced as a web server component (the old way).

RE: quote and double post - metulburr - Oct-12-2018

Not sure. And i wouldnt know what thy are going to be either because they are rewriting the entire software for the next major update.

RE: quote and double post - Skaperen - Oct-13-2018

rewriting is an opportunity to switch to Python.

RE: quote and double post - metulburr - Oct-13-2018

writing a forum software is a lot of work. We would probably need at least one person full time working on it. This is not the first time this forum has had that idea. Even to the point of writing some, but it fizzled out
https://github.com/metulburr/PythonForum

As is, MyBB Forum software is not really fun to write plugins for as i hate PHP and i dont fully understand their forum structure let alone enough to build my own. I would have a ton of ideas to modify the forum if it was written in python.