Python Forum
question by a beginner - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: question by a beginner (/thread-15373.html)

Pages: 1 2

question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-15-2019

Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience
I am a student in electrical engineering so I do not have a lot of baggage about programming languages
I need your advice on my little project in the internship
I have a csv file with values in each hour of several values of currents, voltage, and frequency
I need to make a small application or an interface that manages the data
and do some function that reduces the data for example:
to do a function of the variables of the currents in the hours between morning 7 and 17 and another function for the other schedules
in addition to a graph for every hour to summarize the report
I have not decided by which program I will work
can Python help me or not

you can advise me please

RE: question by a beginner - j.crater - Jan-15-2019

Hello and welcome!
Python can certainly manage what you require of the programming language. But be prepared to research some modules (built in or third party) and break the task down to smaller pieces.
If you have further questions or will get stuck with coding, feel free to ask on the forums. Good luck!

RE: question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-15-2019

(Jan-15-2019, 09:23 AM)j.crater Wrote: Hello and welcome!
Python can certainly manage what you require of the programming language. But be prepared to research some modules (built in or third party) and break the task down to smaller pieces.
If you have further questions or will get stuck with coding, feel free to ask on the forums. Good luck!
I did not understand
to research some modules (built in or third party)
another question with which compiler I need

RE: question by a beginner - j.crater - Jan-15-2019

Quote:to research some modules (built in or third party)
I'll explain with examples:
If you want to read CSV data, you can use Python's built in CSV module. Built in means it is included in the Python environment that you download and install on your system.

If you need some particular plot drawing capabilities, you may find a third party module (such as matplotlib), which you need to install in your python environment, before you can use it.

What you need to research is what kind of module you need, and then find out whether something like this is already built in, or you need to install it (third party) - that's roughly speaking.

Quote:another question with which compiler I need
Python is an interpreted language. So when you install Python, it comes with an interpreter, which compiles and executes your Python code. You can find some basic tutorials about installation and many other things in tutorials section of our forum.

RE: question by a beginner - ichabod801 - Jan-15-2019

Are you familiar with Excel? Formulas and graphs in Excel, that is. You could do this in Excel without the baggage of learning Python. I think in the long term learning Python would be good, and Python could certainly do all this, but if you just need to get this done for an internship you might think about Excel.

RE: question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-16-2019

(Jan-15-2019, 11:48 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Are you familiar with Excel? Formulas and graphs in Excel, that is. You could do this in Excel without the baggage of learning Python. I think in the long term learning Python would be good, and Python could certainly do all this, but if you just need to get this done for an internship you might think about Excel.

they asked me to make small application so that they could use it several times

RE: question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-16-2019

(Jan-15-2019, 11:25 PM)j.crater Wrote:
Quote:to research some modules (built in or third party)
I'll explain with examples:
If you want to read CSV data, you can use Python's built in CSV module. Built in means it is included in the Python environment that you download and install on your system.

If you need some particular plot drawing capabilities, you may find a third party module (such as matplotlib), which you need to install in your python environment, before you can use it.

What you need to research is what kind of module you need, and then find out whether something like this is already built in, or you need to install it (third party) - that's roughly speaking.

Quote:another question with which compiler I need
Python is an interpreted language. So when you install Python, it comes with an interpreter, which compiles and executes your Python code. You can find some basic tutorials about installation and many other things in tutorials section of our forum.

I understood that the python when you need something you look for his biblioteca
thank you very much I will start

RE: question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-26-2019

Bonjour,
j'ai expliqué mon problème mais l'idée n'est pas arrivée
je réexplique simplement
les vidéo dans YouTube ils lisent les donnéés depuis le fichier csv comme :

nom;age;numero;date;salah;22;1;26/01;ali;23;2;26/01;ranard;30;3;26/01

moi j'ai besoin de le afficher comme :

nom age numero date
salah 22 1 26/01
ali 23 2 26/01
ranard 30 3 26/01

RE: question by a beginner - snippsat - Jan-26-2019

We use only English language in forum @salahoum.

RE: question by a beginner - salahoum - Jan-27-2019

I explained my problem but the idea did not arrive
I simply re-explain
the videos in YouTube they read the data from the csv file like:

name, age, number, and the date; Salah; 22; 1; 26/01; ali; 23; 2; 26/01; Ranard; 30; 3; 26/01

I need to display it as:

name number date
salah 22 1 1/26
ali 23 2 26/01
ranard 30 3 26/01