Python Forum
Unable to locate element no such element - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Unable to locate element no such element (/thread-16121.html)

Unable to locate element no such element - gahhon - Feb-14-2019

<td> 
    <div class="input-icon">
        <i class="fa fa-user"></i>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            if (getQueryStringParameter("Back") == 1) {                        
                document.write("<input class='form-control placeholder-no-fix' type='text' autocomplete='off' placeholder='User ID' name='tempusername' id='username' autocomplete='off' size='14' maxlength='12' value='' /> <input type='hidden' name='username'>");
            } else {
                document.write("<input class='form-control placeholder-no-fix' type='text' autocomplete='off' placeholder='User ID' name='tempusername'  autocomplete='off' size='14' maxlength='12' value='' /><input type='hidden' name='username'>");
            }
        </script>
        <input class="form-control placeholder-no-fix" type="text" autocomplete="off" placeholder="User ID" name="tempusername" size="14" maxlength="12" value=""><input type="hidden" name="username">
    </div>
 </td>
Capture

time.sleep(5)
driver.find_element_by_name('//*[@id="LoginId"]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]').send_keys("username1")
I did tried wait 20 seconds which is more than enough to let the page finish loaded.
But the result still same. I also tried get the element by name but result the same tho.
Please advise.

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - mlieqo - Feb-14-2019

Can you post a little bit more of your html ? or at least so that we can verify your xpath is correct? I can't see element with id 'LoginId' for example.

Yeah and also your traceback says you are using xpath method but in your code sample you are trying to find element by name?
driver.find_element_by_name('//*[@id="LoginId"]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]').send_keys("username1") 
should be
driver.find_element_by_xpath('//*[@id="LoginId"]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]').send_keys("username1")

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - gahhon - Feb-14-2019

(Feb-14-2019, 08:13 PM)mlieqo Wrote: Can you post a little bit more of your html ? or at least so that we can verify your xpath is correct? I can't see element with id 'LoginId' for example.

Yeah and also your traceback says you are using xpath method but in your code sample you are trying to find element by name?
should be
driver.find_element_by_xpath('//*[@id="LoginId"]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]').send_keys("username1")

<form class="login-form" name="LoginForm" id="LoginId" action="/eaijct/cnpy" method="post" onsubmit=" return doSubmit_CNPY();">
        <table width="100%">
    		<tbody><tr>
    			<td width="45%" valign="bottom">
    				<h3 class="form-title" id="login-title">Login to PBe</h3>
    			</td>
        	</tr>
        	<tr>  
    			<td align="right" valign="bottom" style="padding-right:20px">
    			<p class="form-title">                                                           

Friday, 15 February 2019 06:58:05
    				</p>
    			</td>
    		</tr>

<!--div class="alert alert-danger display-hide">
				<button class="close" data-close="alert"></button>
				<span>Enter any user id and password.</span>
        <div class="form-group">
            <!--ie8, ie9 does not support html5 placeholder, so we just show field title for that...-->
           <tr><td> 
            <div class="input-icon">
                <i class="fa fa-user"></i>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                    if (getQueryStringParameter("Back") == 1) {                        

document.write("<input class='form-control placeholder-no-fix' type='text' autocomplete='off' placeholder='User ID' name='tempusername' id='username' autocomplete='off' size='14' maxlength='12' value='' /> <input type='hidden' name='username'>");
                    } else {

document.write("<input class='form-control placeholder-no-fix' type='text' autocomplete='off' placeholder='User ID' name='tempusername'  autocomplete='off' size='14' maxlength='12' value='' /><input type='hidden' name='username'>");
                    }
                </script><input class="form-control placeholder-no-fix" type="text" autocomplete="off" placeholder="User ID" name="tempusername" size="14" maxlength="12" value=""><input type="hidden" name="username">
            </div>
            </td></tr>
            </tbody></table>
        </form>
Sorry. Was copy wrong, it should get element by xpath.

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - metulburr - Feb-15-2019

are you sure this is right?
tr[3]
Can you post the link to the site so we can check to see if there is anything else?

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - gahhon - Feb-16-2019

(Feb-15-2019, 12:14 AM)metulburr Wrote: are you sure this is right?
tr[3]
Can you post the link to the site so we can check to see if there is anything else?

https://www2.pbebank.com/myIBK/apppbb/bankpbb/e/pbemain.html

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - metulburr - Feb-17-2019

That link does not work for me. But if i remove the 2 from www i go to their home page. And if i try to login i get this. IS that the correct location?
[attachment=564]

If so then i get for xpath for that login field is...
/html/body/div[1]/form/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]

RE: Unable to locate element no such element - gahhon - Feb-18-2019

(Feb-17-2019, 05:58 PM)metulburr Wrote: That link does not work for me. But if i remove the 2 from www i go to their home page. And if i try to login i get this. IS that the correct location?

If so then i get for xpath for that login field is...
/html/body/div[1]/form/table/tbody/tr[3]/td/div/input[1]

Yeah. That the login page of the website.
But I tried your xapth still the same error tho.