Python Forum
testing support plugin - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Board (https://python-forum.io/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: testing support plugin (/thread-16938.html)

testing support plugin - metulburr - Mar-21-2019

Testing MySupport plugin. This allows solved tags, best answers, etc.

NOTE: sometimes i get a mysql error when viewing people's account page with this plugin enabled. (still working on that)

RE: testing support plugin - metulburr_testing - Mar-21-2019

the best answer!!!

RE: testing support plugin - ichabod801 - Mar-21-2019

Can you get it to just show [SOLVED], and not all that extra information. It looks like stuff a manager would want to see, and if we have a manager I want to talk to him about a raise.

RE: testing support plugin - snippsat - Mar-21-2019

It dos not look good at all,we had a poll last time testing MySupport plugin.
It's not only the bad look that i am against,it's the whole system i don't want it at all.
Just to make view clear on it.

RE: testing support plugin - perfringo - Mar-21-2019

Maybe I have some interfering settings, but on MacOs with Chrome and Safari I see following:

RE: testing support plugin - metulburr - Mar-21-2019

(Mar-21-2019, 02:31 AM)ichabod801 Wrote: Can you get it to just show [SOLVED], and not all that extra information.
Yeah i can get rid of all the extra stuff. EDIT: currently got rid of anything not related to solved/unsolved.

(Mar-21-2019, 06:55 AM)snippsat Wrote: It dos not look good at all,we had a poll last time testing MySupport plugin.
It's not only the bad look that i am against,it's the whole system i don't want it at all.
Just to make view clear on it.
At that point in time we also said we didnt want any solved tags either. I like the way it handles solved, i dont like that its all flashy colors, puts time in thread listing, etc. It surely needs a lot of tweaking if kept.

(Mar-21-2019, 09:58 AM)perfringo Wrote: Maybe I have some interfering settings, but on MacOs with Chrome and Safari I see following:
I think this is because the images for that plugin are not showing for some reason. In Firefox it shows the alternate text instead. To be honest i would get rid of all that when i figure out how.

I would note that this thread is currently showing (Windows/Firefox) "[SOLVED] 10 hours ago, 10 hours ago." I don't think anyone wants that sort of redundancy.

(Mar-21-2019, 11:28 AM)ichabod801 Wrote: I would note that this thread is currently showing (Windows/Firefox) "[SOLVED] 10 hours ago, 10 hours ago." I don't think anyone wants that sort of redundancy.
thats what i trying to get rid of now

Sorry, to bug you more, but does a thread need a response to be solved? This post was edited to say "Nevermind, I figured it out." So I was going to mark it as solved, but there's no button for that.

as of right now the author can mark their own threads as not a support thread (getting rid of all solved/unsolved options).

EDIT:
i defaulted all threads to not support threads. Changed.

EDIT2:
I dont really understand this plugin settings. Its instructions for use seem to conflict with what it actually does.
Quote:Can a user 'unsolve' a thread?
If a user marks a thread as solved but then still needs help, can the thread author mark it as not solved? Note: if the thread was moved when it was originally marked as solved, this will not move it back to it's original forum, therefore it is not recommended to allow this if you choose to move a thread when it is solved.
If this setting is off, not even mods/admin can mark the thread as a support thread to mark it solved. Whereas if the same setting was on, everyone (including registered user group can mark the thread as solved/unsolved.