Python Forum
simple solved plugin - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Board (https://python-forum.io/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: simple solved plugin (/thread-17017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

simple solved plugin - metulburr - Mar-24-2019

This is another (current active) plugin in which is simply "solved/unsolved". No other crap. Its also updated for this version (unlike the other). You can tell if a thread is labeled solved by the green check mark on the thread listing. I dont believe it shows anything on the thread itself (Expect for unsolved button to author/staff). Only the author of the thread and staff can mark threads solved/unsolved. The button to mark it is on the thread near "new post" button. EDIT: Its a toggle switch that says the opposite if pressed.

Its not so invasive as it just has a check mark for solved. As well as the button seems to be theme styled. And this can be accompanied with the current prefix. I disabled SOLVED prefix's for the time being to let this get tested from users.

RE: simple solved plugin - snippsat - Mar-25-2019

That's looks a lot better and more in direction i was thinking,as i was not so happy with [SOLVED].

RE: simple solved plugin - metulburr - Mar-25-2019

(Mar-25-2019, 12:06 AM)snippsat Wrote: That's looks a lot better and more in direction i was thinking
Yeah i was trying to get the other one to do more like this one. Luckily this one is already like that, no work involved.

Have made buttons more visible for Themes,and changed icon on button solved.
[Image: BRIJk1.png]

RE: simple solved plugin - ichabod801 - Mar-25-2019

So when are we marking things solved? When we think they're solved, or when OP thinks it's solved?

I think i general that OP should make the decisions if Thread is solved.
If very clear or OP tell that Thread is solved(and not push Solved button),then we can go in and marked Thread solved.
For me it's okay that this features loosely used,and the main decision should lay on OP.

RE: simple solved plugin - metulburr - Mar-25-2019

(Mar-25-2019, 03:12 PM)snippsat Wrote: Have made buttons more visible for Themes,and changed icon on button solved.
I didnt know they were considered hard to find? But since its blue or yellow (python emblem color) i guess i am ok with it. Its just different.

I think this plugin is a keeper. I like when i click unread posts, i instantly know which threads are answered and can lower their reading priority (personally). I dont have time now, but ill make a help doc for those that have trouble finding the obvious purpose for. Similar to this. Speaking of which would have to update those images with new color.

(Mar-25-2019, 06:33 PM)metulburr Wrote: But since its blue or yellow (python emblem color) i guess i am ok with it. Its just different.
The orange was a little striking,so have change color so that buttons fit Themes better.

RE: simple solved plugin - nilamo - Mar-25-2019

So if it IS solved, there's a checkmark in the thread list, but the button within the thread says "Not Solved"?

Or rather, if you open a thread that isn't yet solved, one of the first things to grab your attention is a big blue button saying "Solved"? lol

RE: simple solved plugin - Yoriz - Mar-25-2019

Because the button just flips between solved/not solved,
its stating what its state would be if you pressed it.
Maybe it would be clearer if its said something like:
  • set solved/set not solved
  • change to solved/change to not solved
  • flag as solved/flag as not solved