Python Forum
Python Wrapper Application - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: GUI (https://python-forum.io/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Python Wrapper Application (/thread-1809.html)

Python Wrapper Application - panick1992 - Jan-27-2017

Hello, 

I want to develop, for my own education, a wrapper application(with interface, like 3 options  a)scan for an AP b)select this AP  c)Find the password) in Python that shows the output of the cracking wireless access point's password and specifically the applications that I want to develop the wrapper are the aircrack-ng or the Kismet or the Wifite which they are located in Kali Linux OS. 

All I am asking is some guidance or any tips where to start and where to end! 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Regards

Python Wrapper Application - panick1992 - Jan-27-2017

Hello, 

I want to develop, for my own education, a wrapper application(with interface, like 3 options  a)scan for an AP b)select this AP  c)Find the password) in Python that shows the output of the cracking wireless access point's password and specifically the applications that I want to develop the wrapper are the aircrack-ng or the Kismet or the Wifite which they are located in Kali Linux OS. 

All I am asking is some guidance or any tips where to start and where to end! 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Regards

RE: Python Wrapper Application - micseydel - Jan-27-2017

<merged threads>

How much Python or other programming do you already know? Do you want to wrap binaries or actually integrate with existing code? I recommend you pick, or come up with criteria to pick, one codebase and we go from there.

RE: Python Wrapper Application - panick1992 - Jan-27-2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to see my post!

Actually, all I want is to develop a wrapper application to simplify the use of wifi cracking tools in Kali Linux, and what I mean is that instead of using all the commands to crack a password I would like to develop the wrapper application with the options as I explained above(when a user selects to scan the network, then chooses the AP that he wants and then click to find the password and show it on the screen), but the commands will run in the background as the user clicks the options I have explained.

(Jan-27-2017, 01:37 AM)panick1992 Wrote: Hello and thank you for taking the time to see my post! Actually, all I want is to develop a wrapper application to simplify the use of wifi cracking tools in Kali Linux, and what I mean is that instead of using all the commands to crack a password I would like to develop the wrapper application with the options as I explained above(when a user selects to scan the network, then chooses the AP that he wants and then click to find the password and show it on the screen), but the commands will run in the background as the user clicks the options I have explained. And also I would say that I would integrate with the existing code of aircrack-ng

RE: Python Wrapper Application - micseydel - Jan-27-2017

Ok, that sounds like you won't want to read existing source code, just use the existing binaries.

I recommend you write a command-line version of what you're describing first, where you'll probably heavily use subprocess.Popen, and then only after you feel like that's feature-complete would you move onto the GUI component.

RE: Python Wrapper Application - panick1992 - Mar-15-2017

Hello again micseydel. As I already told you I am a bit dummy with python, so could you explain me very briefly how to check and use the binaries of aircrack-ng?

And last question is: What do you mean ill probably heavily use subrpocess like Popen? Could you give a very short example please?

Thank you in advance!!

RE: Python Wrapper Application - Larz60+ - Mar-15-2017

You need to make an effort. This is your second attempt at freebee's.
If you'd like someone to do it for you, post under jobs usually for compensation

RE: Python Wrapper Application - panick1992 - Mar-15-2017

My apologies Larz60+. I did not noticed there is a section for jobs.

I am really sorry but I would kindly decline your suggestion as I want to develop it by my self

RE: Python Wrapper Application - micseydel - Mar-15-2017

You seem to have misread what I intended by "subprocess.Popen" - I meant https://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.Popen rather than sentences ending or starting strangely.

subprocess is just how we often make use of binaries. I recommend you start with Googling examples, wrapping something simpler like echo, cat or the like. If you get stuck with that, post back and we can help you from there.

The more effort you show (e.g. code) the more likely you are to get a reply which is fast and high quality.