Python Forum
i hate stackoverflow - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Bar (https://python-forum.io/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: i hate stackoverflow (/thread-18970.html)

i hate stackoverflow - metulburr - Jun-08-2019

I, for shits and giggles, was trying to get enough rep to answer questions and ask them on SO. However i had too low of rep. So you cant answer a question or ask a question with too low rep. I took about 2 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to ask a question on SO. I finally figured out that you get some rep for filling out your profile about me and stuff, etc. I literally had to have my brother up vote an 3 year old answer of mine just for me to be able to ask a question on SO. Im not sure how i was able to answer a question then.

Then when i finally got access to ask a question i came across constant errors when posting. I came up with a bogus question to ask to try to get more rep for their process of introduction. You get rep for asking your first question with 1 point or more.
[attachment=663]
I kept getting grammar issues even though it was proper. So i could never finish their introduction to SO.

Then I copied a question from here that was somehow legit enough to ask there, and it posted. There wasn't anything different in that post from mine. So after people downvoted my question, i am now once again unable to ask a question or answer a question because of my low rep. I give up. Its a good site to pop up on google responses, but horrible for actually asking/answering them. I have no idea how people have even gotten rep in the first place.

In total i spent about 3 hours trying to 15 points of rep to be able to do anything on their site. And i had to cheat to be able to get any headway at all.

This is the most ridiculous method i have have seen. This is why rep/likes here has no effect on abilities to post.

RE: i hate stackoverflow - ichabod801 - Jun-08-2019

Wall LOL Wall

RE: i hate stackoverflow - buran - Jun-08-2019

I never asked question (only answers so far), but that's strange. There are tons of questions of new users, e.g. 1-3 rep points. Also many answer by such users. There is restriction that you cannot post comments if not enough rep points...

RE: i hate stackoverflow - metulburr - Jun-09-2019

Now im banned from answering questions for some reason.
[attachment=664]

If i go to the help link i get:
Quote:How can I get out of an answer ban?

The ban will be lifted automatically by the system when it determines that your positive contributions outweigh those answers which were poorly received.
So i cannot answer questions until i get unbanned, but yet i cannot make any contributions to get unbanned. Seems like a catch 22 to me.

So in attempt to fix the answers which i guess it figures is bad, i deleted my answers and questions. Then i dropped 13 rep for deleting my posts. Now i am now to 4 rep. This is so stupid.

RE: i hate stackoverflow - Skaperen - Jun-15-2019

i haven't been there much, lately, due to committing more time on many development projects. i have higher levels in several areas for answering questions. and i have asked some, too.

understand that SO's goal is to build a massive collection of good questions, with a variety of good answers.

i should drop my there and see what they still let me do.

it still says anybody can ask a question and anybody can answer. maybe they don't consider you anybody. maybe you really are banned for some reason. i should really test it with a new user name. do you have exact message or a screen capture when they refuse you. if they let you log in that doesn't mean much because anyone can register another user. have you tried to register another user?

RE: i hate stackoverflow - metulburr - Jun-15-2019

The images in my posts are the errors i get when i try to answer or ask a question. It doesnt say anything referring to being restricted elsewhere at all. I could try to make a new account and see how far i get. But at this point i am so angered by them i dont want to deal with it currently. I will try later though.

RE: i hate stackoverflow - Skaperen - Jun-15-2019

try to post a question and/or answer without any images and see if they let you do that. it should, at least, be doable with a new user connecting from a new IP.

RE: i hate stackoverflow - Bartolomeo - Aug-19-2019

Wall Wall Wall