Python Forum
program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed (/thread-24711.html)

program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed - idioticWixen - Feb-29-2020

Hello, all. I'd like to preface this with saying that I'm not a programmer, and know nothing about coding. I have tried to solve this issue myself, but lack the knowledge.

Operating System: Windows 10

I have an application, Pesterchum, a chat program, and it has been running fine for several weeks. I attempted to open it today, and it gave me the error message: "Failed: [errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed".

I have looked it up on google, and figured out it was some kind of python error? Unfortunately, most of the links I tried to read used more technical language than I understand.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program multiple times, I have attempted to run it as the admin, and I have restarted my computer. I even did a system restore, but it still gives me the same error message.

Other info: Shortly before not being able to use the program, my computer blue-screened, but the error code was related to my graphics card. It turns out the problem was that some games were autostarting and running in the background without my knowledge; I fixed that. I'm not sure how that would relate to this error, but thought I'd put it here just in case.

I'd appreciate any help I could get in this, I really like this program but my attempts to fix the issue have failed.

Thank you.

RE: program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed - DT2000 - Feb-29-2020

This thread does not belong here and is not related to python coding and seems to be a simple plug or ad for the game site.

Please use their site Forum for answers to your question.

RE: program will not run, errno 11001: getaddrinfo failed - idioticWixen - Feb-29-2020

Hello, DT2000.

I posted this issue here, on a python coding forum, because google says the issue is with python code.

I do not know if you clicked the link, but it is just a link to where the download of the program I am having issues with is. The link itself is quite old, and not related to the site it is posted on. And the program is for a chat client, again, the program that is having issues with python coding.

I would appreciate help from someone who will not dismiss my issues and claim that this is not related to python, when the issue I am having is specifically related to python code. I just would like to know how to resolve this error message. I am sure it's a technical problem from my end, I'm just not sure how to solve it, as I am not very versed in code.

I would thank you, DT2000, to refrain from commenting on this thread again unless you can help.

@Larz60+

Hello, I would ask that you replace the link you removed. The only reason I included it is because in the information on how to post, it says to include a link to relevant files, which is what that was.

I would also ask that you read my post. I am seeking help, for a python issue, on a python forum, and yet the first response I'm met with is complete dismissal.