Python Forum
ValueError: Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of sample - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Data Science (https://python-forum.io/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: ValueError: Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of sample (/thread-25271.html)

ValueError: Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of sample - robert2joe - Mar-25-2020

Dear all,

I am new to Python and I am trying to complete a piece of coursework that involves Support Vector Machines, Principal Component Analysis and Cost-Support Vector Classifiers.

Firstly I have made a scatter plot from two sets of data that were provided.

I have normalised the data and believed i have split the data into smaller datasets using train_test_spilt.

The issue occurs when I am using the C-SVC SVM to achieve the highest classification rate of the data I have collected from the scatter plot, by imputing two values in the parameters C(cost) and γ(gamma).

The code is as follows:
svc1 = SVC(kernel ='rbf', class_weight='balanced', C=50, gamma=0.1)
model1 = svc1.fit(scaled_tester, Sytrain)

"""The fitted model should be validated on the scaled validation set. """
vyfit1 = model1.predict(scaled_valX)

"""Performance measurements"""
from sklearn import metrics 
print('Accuracy:', metrics.accuracy_score(vtest, vyfit1))

from sklearn.metrics import classification_report
print(classification_report(vtest, vyfit1,
                            target_names=faces.target_names))
The error message is as follows:
Error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ValueError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-82-9a74f54d417b> in <module> 1 svc1 = SVC(kernel ='rbf', class_weight='balanced', C=50, gamma=0.1) ----> 2 model1 = svc1.fit(scaled_tester, Sytrain) 3 4 """The fitted model should be validated on the scaled validation set. """ 5 vyfit1 = model1.predict(scaled_valX) /opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sklearn/svm/_base.py in fit(self, X, y, sample_weight) 146 X, y = check_X_y(X, y, dtype=np.float64, 147 order='C', accept_sparse='csr', --> 148 accept_large_sparse=False) 149 y = self._validate_targets(y) 150 /opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sklearn/utils/validation.py in check_X_y(X, y, accept_sparse, accept_large_sparse, dtype, order, copy, force_all_finite, ensure_2d, allow_nd, multi_output, ensure_min_samples, ensure_min_features, y_numeric, warn_on_dtype, estimator) 763 y = y.astype(np.float64) 764 --> 765 check_consistent_length(X, y) 766 767 return X, y /opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sklearn/utils/validation.py in check_consistent_length(*arrays) 210 if len(uniques) > 1: 211 raise ValueError("Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of" --> 212 " samples: %r" % [int(l) for l in lengths]) 213 214 ValueError: Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of samples: [100, 300]
Is there anyone who is able to understand this error message and tell me where it is going wrong?

Many Thanks any questions please let me know.