Python Forum
How to edit jupyter nbconvert templates - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: How to edit jupyter nbconvert templates (/thread-3924.html)

How to edit jupyter nbconvert templates - Sito - Jul-08-2017

I'm currently trying to change the looks of the nbconvert-output in jupyter. To be more precise, I want to convert a ipynb to latex but not using the default tamplate. The thing is I don't know how to edit the files to get the result I want.

Lets say i want to use the "style_notebook.tplx" so I need to download "ipython_nbconvert_config.py" and "use_cell_style.tplx". After that I need to change in the "use_cell_style"-file the second line to "((* set cell_style = 'style_notebook.tplx' *))". But to be honest I don't knwo with what to edit a .tplx File (just used Editor on Windows)...

After changing that and moving the two files to the same directonary as my .ipynb is, I tried the follwoing in the command prompt:

jupyter nbconvert --config ipython_nbconvert_config filename.ipynb --to latex
and got the error:

[NbConvertApp] WARNING | Error loading config file: ipython_nbconvert_config
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\jupyter_core\application.py", line 202, in load_config_file
   path=path
 File "<decorator-gen-5>", line 2, in load_config_file
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 87, in catch_config_error
   return method(app, *args, **kwargs)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 603, in load_config_file
   self.update_config(new_config)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\configurable.py", line 198, in update_config
   self._load_config(config)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\configurable.py", line 168, in _load_config
   warn(msg)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\contextlib.py", line 89, in __exit__
   next(self.gen)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py", line 1131, in hold_trait_notifications
   self.notify_change(change)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py", line 1176, in notify_change
   c(change)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 227, in _postprocessor_class_changed
   self.postprocessor_factory = import_item(new)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\utils\importstring.py", line 42, in import_item
   return __import__(parts[0])
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PDF'
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
   "__main__", mod_spec)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
   exec(code, run_globals)
 File "C:\Users\Sito\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts\jupyter-nbconvert.EXE\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\jupyter_core\application.py", line 267, in launch_instance
   return super(JupyterApp, cls).launch_instance(argv=argv, **kwargs)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 657, in launch_instance
   app.initialize(argv)
 File "<decorator-gen-7>", line 2, in initialize
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py", line 87, in catch_config_error
   return method(app, *args, **kwargs)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 252, in initialize
   self.init_postprocessor()
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 298, in init_postprocessor
   self._postprocessor_class_changed({'new': self.postprocessor_class})
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\nbconvert\nbconvertapp.py", line 227, in _postprocessor_class_changed
   self.postprocessor_factory = import_item(new)
 File "c:\users\Sito\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\traitlets\utils\importstring.py", line 42, in import_item
   return __import__(parts[0])
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PDF'
So it says that I miss the PDF-module, but I'm not sure hows that possible, because until now I could convert to pdf just fine. So I aussume I made some mistakes in changing the files...

Would be nice if someone could explain how to fix this problem..

Thanks, Sito.