Python Forum
Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: General (https://python-forum.io/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Discussions (https://python-forum.io/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books (/thread-493.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - metulburr - Oct-16-2016

(Oct-15-2016, 06:54 PM)micseydel Wrote: I want to know what to tell them the deficiency in the tutorial is.
Can someone who has read it list out these?

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - wavic - Oct-16-2016

Hmm! It will be vague because it was ten months  ago and can't remember any particulars.
One can learn the data types. Their very basics operations, functions and methods. One or two at most snippets of code illustrating what the author is meaning. Without a more detailed description of what is possible to do. This allows fast learning. Which is a shame because suddenly the code becomes more complex. It's hard to understand it for a new one in programming. Someone may consider he/she is stupid or nothing happens by him/her. It didn't happen with me but I admit that I didn't understand the last few code snippets or programs. It looks like the documentation is more easy to follow than the book. No consistency. Gaps which could not be made. And one began to think he/she misses something then returns back but again same feeling and don't know why. Finally, it ends with that one is pretty confused.

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - rampage101 - Nov-08-2016

I have not read Learn Python The Hard Way, but I know a lot of people really dislike that book. What is the reason?

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - micseydel - Nov-08-2016

(Nov-08-2016, 09:28 PM)rampage101 Wrote: I have not read Learn Python The Hard Way, but I know a lot of people really dislike that book. What is the reason?
I suggest you review this thread, and if you have any questions, ask them. Otherwise, I think your answer is here....

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - Larz60+ - Nov-08-2016

It's got rat in it

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - Kebap - Nov-09-2016

(Oct-15-2016, 06:54 PM)micseydel Wrote: I want to know what to tell them the deficiency in the tutorial is. At this point I really should try going through that three page post but I still think this question should be answered right away in a thread like this.

Mekire linked not one but two nice list of lots criticisms, it's not just one point. Did you see them already?

RE: Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books - micseydel - Nov-09-2016

(Nov-09-2016, 05:35 PM)Kebap Wrote: Mekire linked not one but two nice list of lots criticisms, it's not just one point. Did you see them already?
Unless I'm confused here, Mek posted that after I asked. Someone just quoted me after that.