Python Forum
Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Board (https://python-forum.io/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? (/thread-59.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - metulburr - Oct-03-2016

There is a thumbs up entitled "like" right next to the edit button on each post. You cant do it to your own posts. Nor can you rate your own posts.

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - j.crater - Oct-03-2016

(Oct-03-2016, 11:29 AM)metulburr Wrote: There is a thumbs up entitled "like" right next to the edit button on each post. You cant do it to your own posts. Nor can you rate your own posts.

Frankly I don't see it, but it could be due to browser extensions/add-ons...
I have:
Email, PM, Find, Rate, Quote, Multi-Quote, Report

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - metulburr - Oct-03-2016

Hmm...apparently this is only shown to admins/mods. Im not sure why because i never set it that way. Ill check into it

Quote:Frankly I don't see it
This should now be fixed. Any user with 5 posts or more will be able to like posts. You should also have the rep button too.

@[j.crater]

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - sparkz_alot - Oct-03-2016

(Oct-03-2016, 03:53 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:Frankly I don't see it
This should now be fixed. Any user with 5 posts or more will be able to like posts. You should also have the rep button too.

@[j.crater]

Works like a charm, thank you

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - j.crater - Oct-03-2016

Indeed it works perfectly, thanks!

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - wavic - Oct-04-2016

How to dislike a post

RE: Reputation - Skaperen - Oct-04-2016

(Sep-16-2016, 08:34 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:do you really want us regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"?

I believe "regular users" could create polls in the old forum if i am not mistaken. And if people start abusing them constantly, im sure we would remove it. 

Quote:How does the users reputation work and is it active?

You will see a thumbs up button. This will allow you to add/remove rep from a user. The idea is that just because a user has a lot of posts does not make them more educated in the matter. And vice versa. Where rep is given to them by other users based on the content of their posts.
i see it.  but there is no thumbs down button :cool:

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - Kebap - Oct-04-2016

No, we do not offer a thumbs down button for disliking posts.

In cases like that you may hit reply and explain reasons why you have a different opinion. That would further the discussion.

RE: Reputation and regular users to have the ability to create "Polls"? - wavic - Oct-04-2016

(Oct-04-2016, 09:05 AM)Kebap Wrote: No, we do not offer a thumbs down button for disliking posts.

In cases like that you may hit reply and explain reasons why you have a different opinion. That would further the discussion.

Where is the fun with that?  :s