Python Forum
Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library (/thread-7793.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - j.crater - Jan-25-2018

Give this a try before installing PyGame:
pip install --upgrade setuptools

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - sylas - Jan-25-2018

Success with pip install --upgrade setuptools, but no success with pip install --upgrade python-3.6.4
I guess python-3.6.4 is not correct. but what is the name I must use?

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - j.crater - Jan-25-2018

Updating Python basically means a new installation, it doesn't go via pip, which is for Python packages.

You can continue with PyGame installation with your current Python. Or install latest Python first and then (using new Python) install PyGame.

I think I have the last python 3.6.4. Now with pip install pygame I have(just above the red line):Type Error: can only concatenate str(non "NoneType") to str.........................The red line always is:
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\Sylvain\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-yj1b3126\pygame\

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - sparkz_alot - Jan-25-2018

(Jan-25-2018, 01:37 PM)sylas Wrote: I think I have the last python 3.6.4.

Well either you do or you don't. If you didn't uninstall the Python 2.x, you will most likely have to use pip3 install pygame or possibly pip3.6 install pygame

@sparkz_alot: thanks, with your "pip3.6 install pygame" : Successfully installed pygame-1.9.3
Now I go to Pycharm to see what happens there.

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - sparkz_alot - Jan-25-2018

Make sure in PyCharm you set the correct interpreter to use. To be honest, you should really uninstall the Python 2.x. If you do keep it, remember that in the command terminal, you will also need to invoke Python 3.6 with C:\python3.6 .

No progress on Pycharm. Since pygame was installed, where can I see it, and how I introduce it in Pycharm ?

I think I must inform sparkz_alot that the python 3.7 i installed 2 days ago, works well on the console.

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - buran - Jan-26-2018

(Jan-25-2018, 02:44 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: Make sure in PyCharm you set the correct interpreter to use.
@sylas: How to select correct interpreter in PyCharm was explained to you on multiple occasions in other threads

RE: Do you know how to import Python Standard Library - sylas - Jan-26-2018

Thanks Buran for your reply. Now I know how to choose the good interpreter,in the configuration(settings). You see above that i got: "Succesfully installed pygame-1.3.9". Unfortunately
Pycharm ignores "pygame". I can't find, with windows, where it lies. I lack experience. What shall I do ?? If you use Pycharm(windows) I should appreciate very much you confirm me you have the same external libraries.