Python Forum
Unable to install packages of python3.6 in ubuntu server 16.04
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install packages of python3.6 in ubuntu server 16.04
Hi, as I am working on ubuntu 16.04 and I was able to install python 3.6.8. But when I am trying to install numpy or pandas or scipy through command

sudo pip3 install pandas
then mentioned below errors are occurring every time which I am not able to resolved.

sudo pip3 install pandas
pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
Collecting pandas
  Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)': /simple/pandas/
  Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)': /simple/pandas/
  Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)': /simple/pandas/
  Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)': /simple/pandas/
  Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)': /simple/pandas/
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pandas/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pandas/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pandas (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pandas
pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl module in Python is not available.
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.",)) - skipping
Besides this the same package is easily getting installed on python2.7 which is the base version already available in the server

Any kind of suggestion on this will be a great help.
(Jun-06-2019, 12:06 PM)jenkins43 Wrote: working on ubuntu 16.04 and I was able to install python 3.6.8.
What was you method of installation?

If you compiled it yourself, i would try recompiling. I had a similar issue back then that re-compiling seemed to fix it. (assuming you compiled it in the first place)
https://python-forum.io/Thread-pip-unabl...ssl-module
Recommended Tutorials:
With Debian I do:

apt-get install python3-pandas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paramiko Server -- Exception (server): Error reading SSH protocol banner ujlain 3 4,277 Jul-24-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis